Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to build a warehouse

Options
  • 27-05-2009 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Just wondering is there anyone out there who could give me a rough guess of how much a 120' X 70' X 40'(h) Warehouse/Shed would cost to build. Including foundation on an already prepared site.
    Would need to have no supporting pillars on the inside (open floor plan)
    Possible options of both having a 40' high, block wall or partially block wall + sheeting.

If someone has build something similar previously it would be great help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

at 40' it will be more expensive than the norm. there could be planning difficulties at that height depending on location.too many variables to give any proper advise on cost I am afraid.
    best advise would be to talk to someone who does this kind of work outlining your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭tipper1

Cheers Arctech,
    I suppose 20' is more like the norm. Can you hazard a guess on this type of build. Is there a rough guide out there as far as, € per sq.mtr.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,390 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

tipper1 wrote: »
    Just wondering is there anyone out there who could give me a rough guess of how much a 120' X 70' X 40'(h) Warehouse/Shed would cost to build. Including foundation on an already prepared site.
    Would need to have no supporting pillars on the inside (open floor plan)
    Possible options of both having a 40' high, block wall or partially block wall + sheeting.

If someone has build something similar previously it would be great help.

that area is over 2 acres...
    the volume is 9514 m3...!!
    no internal columns!!!.. .space frame probably required....

id put a build cost in the region of €400-450 per sq m.... (very very approximate.... id love to know what quotes you do actually get,,.. ;).)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

With my PKS 2008 Indicative Cost ready reckoner to hand ...

Basic Factory Shell - €700-900 / m2
    High Spec Factory Shell - €1200-1650 m2
    High Spec Factory Fit out - €1000-1750 m2

christ... im way out.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

sydthebeat wrote: »
    christ... im way out.... :D

you're way out with your areas too.:D the op's the size is in feet not meters 70' or 21.3 m which is fairly economic to space in a portal frame.

archtech wrote: »
    you're way out with your areas too.:D the op's the size is in feet not meters 70' or 21.3 m which is fairly economic to space in a portal frame.

doh!!

70 x 120 x 40 =

area = 780 sq m (8400 sq ft)
    volume = 9514 m3

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭tipper1

Jaysus lads going on those figures it is alot more expensive than I thought.

780 X €700 = €546,000 for a basic shell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Flyboy!!!

You could always consider buying an existing Warehouse that fits your needs seeing as there are soooooo many out there lying empty right now. Brand new and old ones lying empty with no prospect of being used anytime soon. You could rent with an option to buy and even negotiate a rent holiday, a period of free rental.

In saying that, apparently a lot of construction crews are working for cost just because the company wants to keep them together rather than have them leave the country. I still think you'd be mad though with allllllllll those many many empty warehouses out there...

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭lstmd

Raising the same question here again. Anyone any idea how much it would cost to build a warehouse about 20,000 square feet? Probably lots of warehouses for rent and sale but proximity to an existing factory is important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭FJMC

I think warehouse costs can be anywhere between €500 and €1,000 - depends on design, specification, site conditions, etc.

You also need to allow for any other works that may be required - access, parking, boundaries, security, lighting, drainage, etc.

F

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭lstmd

Thanks, can you confirm that is per Square meter or foot?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,198 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Per square metre, otherwise that would cost 20 million 😉

At nearly 2,000 sqm, it's quite large so will have significant costs. Probably 1 to 1.5 million euro.

Advertisement