Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Prophecy

Options
  • 26-05-2009 9:14pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Dont know if anyone else has been following Black Prophecy, but there was a HD gameplay video released recently (linked below), which looks amazing. I know its early days yet, but its already looking nice and polished. Could definitly do with some more space MMO's, and with this and Jumpgate, its looking good.

http://bp.kkdownload.com/trailer/bp_gameplay_trailer_hd.zip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

This looks the part, I'm gonna keep my eye on it. Signups for the beta are available on the site just in case anyone's interested.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Been keeping an eye on this lately, and while it still looks amazing (as seen in the new trailer below), i'm a bit worried about the 'free to play' part of it. Hopefully they can deliver something decent, as a proper space flight sim, with those kind of graphics could go a long way to curing my dissapointment with current MMO's.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/next-generation-black-prophecy/63350

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Reakktor are depending on this game to save their company.

Graphics look awesome! But dont think I will like the space combat... I dont think it will be interesting enough. 1v1 - Flying endless around in circles trying to get on the other guys ass so you can blast him! But the other guy wins cause he has played for like 2 more days than you and has +1 skill point in "flying in circles speed"...

I dont know if that is what its going to be like but im just guessing. Hope that have allot of depris on most of the areas... some crazy ass maneuvers like double barrel rolls that would break weapons locks and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Must say I've also being watching this while holding out for JumpGate.
    My one big worry is the micro-payment model, PvP could be reduced to who has the biggest wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CelticDemon

Yeh, have been looking at this game .
    Has potential but thats easy to say from looking at vids.:)

Was going to try eve but its to complex for me hehehe...
    Either this or jumpgate will suit me perfectly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Also been waiting for this for a while, closed beta started a few days ago, I didn't get in :/

Gameplay looks a lot like Privateer 2 (one of my favourite games of all time) and the devs say they were influenced by it so here's hoping Black Prophecy captures some of the magic P2 had.

Hopefully the open beta starts before too long, I've also put my name down for the jumpgate beta but it doesn't look like that's starting up anytime soon.

Advertisement