Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iRobot Roomba Repair

Options
  • 26-05-2009 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi There,

Does anyone know where I can get my rorbotic hoover, the irobot Roomba repaired. It has stopped picking up dirt and the brushes are not rotating so I think its a motor problem.

I live in Cork

Thanks

Sex Dwarf

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 malonesean

There is no repair service in Ireland but I know quite a bit about the Roomba series. What model is it? and would you be prepared to get your hands dirty and open it up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sex Dwarf

malonesean wrote: »
    There is no repair service in Ireland but I know quite a bit about the Roomba series. What model is it? and would you be prepared to get your hands dirty and open it up?

Its a 560 model..any help appreciated.

Does it still move around as if working or is it making the "uh oh" sound then beeping a number of times?. I take is you have removed and cleaned the brushes. There is a site http://www.robotreviews.com/chat/ which has lots of good information on solving problems with Roomba Robots. Check it out first. You may come across the solution here. You can also get spare parts from http://www.protechrobotics.com/categories.php?cat=32 its in the USA so shipping can be expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sex Dwarf

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭stopped_clock

<Thread Hijack>

How's the best way to get a Roomba in Ireland?

</Hijack>

• Advertisement

You can get one at www.easyliving.ie www.planet3.ie or www.electricshopping.ie I would advise that you get one in this country. I bought in the UK and had difficulties with warranties. It was cheaper but not in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 leventguner

Hi,

I have a problem with my irobot 560 roomba and its in my local electronics shop for repair (out of warranty). But they could not figure out how to open the roomba further than reaching the battery. Do you know how to reach the electronics of the roomba? Any help will be much appreciated !!

Levent

Hi,

I have a problem with my irobot 560 roomba and its in my local electronics shop for repair (out of warranty). But they could not figure out how to open the roomba further than reaching the battery. Do you know how to reach the electronics of the roomba? Any help will be much appreciated !!

Levent

This site has a step by step guide to disabling cliff sensors but it does show dissasembly down to the main board. I would recommend removing the wheel units and the side brush unit before unscrewing the main board. There is less strain on the board becuse the contact springs from the brush unit will not put any pressure on the board.

http://www.pottsland.com/roomba/Roomba_5xx_Cliff_Sensor.html

I would be wary of a repair service that could not dismantle a Roomba

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niloc35

Hi,
    I'm Colin I repair roomba and scooba's that are out of warrenty. :D
    I am based in Clonmore in North Tipperary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭the-lad

Sorry for hijacking but are these fairly reliable?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 roomba repair Ireland

The roomba are quite a good machine provided they are kept clen inside and out. The batterys will last upto two years in a normal house (used 5-6 times a week). I have had two over the last five years. I started out with the Discovery and years later upgraded to the 5 series. We also have the Scooba now for 3-4 years aprox.
    Not much in the way of problems with any of the robots a part form batterys being replaced every few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 hanger6

My rooomba Brand: iRobot
    Serial number/ production number: KYN560010804220200237
    think i need a replacement motherboard for my roomba 560 series. i bought it in america. side brush and suction working but th e main rotating brushes will not rotate. motor is ok can u fix it?
    Model no: roomba 560 series
    Type of appliance: Vacuum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 iMayne

malonesean wrote: »
    ...I would advise that you get one in this country. I bought in the UK and had difficulties with warranties. It was cheaper but not in the long run.

Agreed. Roomba/Scooba purchased in the UK are only valid in the UK only. It is weird as the serial number has a specific code that determins which country it's from. Before I sell these robot to a customer overseas, I make it clear to them that the warranty is in the UK only. Make sure the company/person you buy from is an authorized distributor of iRobot products. If not, make sure you are given a 1yr warranty. Other countries such as Italy must give a minimum warranty of 2 yrs. Hope this helps.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hundzer

There is a guy in Dublin who also repairs Roombas
    Derek Martindale 0872545577
    derek@robotechonline.com
    www.robotechonline.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ianeva

niloc35 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm Colin I repair roomba and scooba's that are out of warrenty. :D
    I am based in Clonmore in North Tipperary.
    Hi Colin do you still repair Irobot 5000 series. I leaning towards the battery. Lights blinking constantly when in charger and no dead when removed from charger. Checked price from US $130 seem very high

Advertisement