Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing Interns?

Options
  • 26-05-2009 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

I run a marketing and Pr Company in Waterford and was wondering what you guys thought of taking on an "intern" for a while. Honestly, right now there wouldn't be much money in it but they'd gain a lot of experience.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭gags89

Go for it!

College students are taught the most up to date business and marketing techniques in their courses and could offer some great ideas at a cheap, cheap cost!Building your own little protogé who might do all the office donkey work such as filing, corresspondance etc will save you loads of €€€ over hiring an office junior at around €10p/h upwards and also once you keep t&d-ing the intern they will be happy as larry to do anything many graduates and college students cant find part-time work at the moment so would jump at any chance to work and gain valuable experience in their field of interest!

Just make sure to cover any expenses but that is upto yourself!

and yes, I am a college student and am very interested if you decide to go ahead with the position!

hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The "vacancy" would be in waterford and I think it would be a great learning experience for anyone. It involves marketing up to 6 venues and 1-2 product launches etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

Not quite sure about the "most up to date business and marketing techniques" as a selling point. Let's face it, a few years experience knocks the socks off anything taught in college.

I think you and the student would get most value if you set them on a project or two, rather than do the filing. Maybe they could research some new opportunity for you. Or get a geek who'll do an exagerated blog and post lots of stuff to othewr blogs in order to help your SEO.

Advertisement