Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot see picture on VLC when using two monitors - Ubuntu

Options
  • 26-05-2009 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I am new to Ubuntu 9.04 and just installed it on my laptop

I then connected an monitor via a VGA cable and straight away the full desktop appeared on the new monitor no problem

Now the problem. When I use VLC or Mplayer to view TV streams the video only appears on the laptop monitor and not on the external monitor (it is just black)

What sort of config changes do I need to make this work

I have googled it but am finding difficulty pinpointing the right answer

I also look at the xorg.conf file and it is empty

Any thoughts ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Hi
    I am new to Ubuntu 9.04 and just installed it on my laptop

I then connected an monitor via a VGA cable and straight away the full desktop appeared on the new monitor no problem

Now the problem. When I use VLC or Mplayer to view TV streams the video only appears on the laptop monitor and not on the external monitor (it is just black)

What sort of config changes do I need to make this work

I have googled it but am finding difficulty pinpointing the right answer

I also look at the xorg.conf file and it is empty

Any thoughts ?

Thanks in advance

Ok found the answer

In the VLC application go to Tools - Preferences - Video and set the value for 'Output' to 'OpenGl video output'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭corkie

How to Set Up Dual Monitors on Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid

Navigate to System > Preferences > Screen Resolution.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Advertisement