Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EDS at the RDS :)

Options
  • 26-05-2009 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

Hi All, i'm not a regular poster here on this thread

will anyone here be attending the European Dog Show in the RDS this weekend?
    either in a professional capacity/participating/spectating?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

Probably not, prefer personally to go to shows like the pet expo, where its more fun and about family pets then top class pedigrees!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

suppose! , depends what your into yourself really.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ill be there showing my dog on sunday and im stewarding on sat and monday so will be there all weekend, cant wait, its the biggest dog show to ever come to Ireland so should be great. Theres over 4000 dogs entered.

Oh just to add, there will be breeds entered that have never been in ireland before, it will be interesting to see these and even breeds that are rarely heard of either.

andreac wrote: »
    Ill be there showing my dog on sunday and im stewarding on sat and monday so will be there all weekend, cant wait, its the biggest dog show to ever come to Ireland so should be great. Theres over 4000 dogs entered.

Oh just to add, there will be breeds entered that have never been in ireland before, it will be interesting to see these and even breeds that are rarely heard of either.

Should be brilliant!
    by steward do you mean crowd control/tickets sales? or is a steward a more official person?

Im stewarding in the rings with the judges, so doing paperwork, calling in the dogs and so on, organising the exhibitors when they come into the ring with their dogs.

• Advertisement

oh right, i was going to say looking forward to working together possibly but no chance of that now.

come to think of it ... 4,000 dogs.. that's a hell of a lot of people too!

andreac is the 4000 dogs going to be there each day?

No the 4000 dogs are over the 3 days, think the most amount of dogs are on the first day, all the terriers are on that day. The group 2 dogs are on sunday which are all the working breeds, rottweilers, danes, dobes, boxers and so on.

No the 4000 dogs are over the 3 days, think the most amount of dogs are on the first day, all the terriers are on that day. The group 2 dogs are on sunday which are all the working breeds, rottweilers, danes, dobes, boxers and so on.

You'll be kept on your feet so!:)
    best of luck with your own dog on sunday.. hopefully all goes well and a fun day will be had by all.

Thanks a mill, it should be a great weekend, busy though but will be great to see all the unusual breeds over for it.

Same here.. i can only begin to imagine the amount of orginisation that has gone into it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭spiderdog

i`ll be there sun too....should be good :D:D

Cool Spiderdog, you showing or watching?

showing hopefully;)
    but will be watching other breeds too.....espec the rotts:D

Dont get bitten spidey!!;)

bitten??
    by a person or dog;)

whatever your into personally :rolleyes:

hahaha........:pac:

more likely to be bitten by a "showperson" at a show then a dog:p

dont say that :(

i haven't been briefed on the possibility of Dr Hannibal Lecter being there :eek:

Blue & Red crosses will be in attendance however hint hint :)

you have been warned......if you see this ....> :pac: run....lol:D

enjoy your weekend though, hopefully it`ll be a good show!!!!! :cool:

lol! I will dont worry , it wont be game over or anything like it for me this weekend!:D

you have a good weekend too , and dont be afraid to come looking for us medics if you happen to encounter Lecter himself or a mini lecter with 4 legs;).

• Advertisement

haha thanks, will do :D

i`ll shout..."wheres dubmedic" and i`ll be surrounded with medics from dublin:p

have a good one anyway:)

ah you crack me up spiderdog!:D

hopefully it goes without a hitch but really if you need help we cant be missed.. our uniforms are .... conspicous to say the least.

take care spidey have a good one too , who knows might see ya out there

DubMedic

:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

I'm so jealous, i'd love to go and see all the dogs. been a dream for years to get into showing. pity it wouldn't be on telly.

best of luck to all who enter.

Can you not go cloudy? its on for the 3 days, could you go even one of the days maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

unfortunately no. maybe one day it will be poss. now i will just have to stay green with envy. hope your dog does well andreac as it's clear you have put a lot of work into it.

Awh thats a pity, thanks a mill too.
    Yes i put in an awful lot of work, but enjoy every minute of it, doesnt feel like work at all though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ca3nie

Hey just wondering if any one knows can bring your dog along to watch??

hi, no you cant bring your dog along to this one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kassie

I'm showing my Great Dane at this on sunday too!! Can't wait!

Advertisement