Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens barbers in city?

Options
  • 26-05-2009 11:48am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm wondering if anyone can recommend an excellent barbers for men in Limerick city. I was in Dublin recently and got the hair cut in Knights of the Green. Savage job, so would like somewhere like it closer to home!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm wondering if anyone can recommend an excellent barbers for men in Limerick city. I was in Dublin recently and got the hair cut in Knights of the Green. Savage job, so would like somewhere like it closer to home!

sorry can't help you out in limerick, but how much was the job in knights? haven't been there in years

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

ntlbell wrote: »
    sorry can't help you out in limerick, but how much was the job in knights? haven't been there in years

About 28 iirc, but don't quote me on it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Try Figaro's in Bedford Row or there's one between Denmark Street and Ellen Street - think it's called Market Alley - not sure of the barbers name tho but I've heard it being recommended before....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

LB6 wrote: »
    Try Figaro's in Bedford Row or there's one between Denmark Street and Ellen Street - think it's called Market Alley - not sure of the barbers name tho but I've heard it being recommended before....:)

+1 for Figaro's. Sound bunch of lads in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Ya I always use Figaros. Brian is the manager in there but any of the staff will look after you well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

FutureGuy wrote: »
    About 28 iirc, but don't quote me on it. :D

28e for a haircut! :eek:

it must of been some job!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

€7 (I think) in Ali's of Thomas St from Monday to Thursday, hard to beat that for value I reckon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

ntlbell wrote: »
    28e for a haircut! :eek:

it must of been some job!

;)

Actually it was lol. My normal hair cut is 14 and they just go mad with the old razor. I'd pay the extra to have some take their time with a scissors. At least I will from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lyencoli

new place in mungret village charges €8 for cut, not exactly a barbers, but a nice girl working there and plenty of parking

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There is a Knights in Limerick (on Catherine Street). Not sure if it is related to the one on Stephens Green? Its about €18 for a haircut there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Barberellos across from st pauls school dooradoyle and on the corbally road do a fantastic hair cut and i think their prices start around 14 quid.. Great staff and excellent barbers..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Goodfellas in Foxes Bow just off william street. €15 or thereabouts. Great guys in there that originally came from Rossini's near the old quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 noonand

+1 for Knights on Catherine St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

If your going out by LIT , Identity on the old cratloe road does a great job i highly recommend going there the last 4 years he been open . charges reasonable rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Retro just off Cruises street is where I get mine done. Sound lads in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Stapeltons, side door by where nestors used be, Hair cut and Towel shave for 21 yoyo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

Stab*City wrote: »
    Barberellos across from st pauls school dooradoyle and on the corbally road do a fantastic hair cut and i think their prices start around 14 quid.. Great staff and excellent barbers..

Yes, but I have to say the woman in there who incessantlly talks a lot and does not listen to what kind of a cut you want is a disaster. I asked her to take very little off my hair, the minimum possible and she started by shearing my sidelocks off altogether and nearly scalping me! I finished up looking like the village idiot in the movie "Ryans Daughter" She was bloody talking so much that she lost all instruction. I will not be going there again although the other guys in there are top class but I always seem to be caught with this clown!

which one - Dooradoyle or Corbally?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

LB6 wrote: »
    which one - Dooradoyle or Corbally?

Sorry, the Dooradoyle one.

K tx - will keep the men away from there then! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement