Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding out where someone was institutionalised - Dublin

Options
  • 26-05-2009 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am looking into my family history and I am trying to find out what happened to a relative who was brain-damaged as a child and lived afterwards in an institution of some sort - whether hospital or care home or what I don't know. This would have happened probably in the 1930s - I know it's a massive question - but could anyone give me an idea of how to start narrowing down where it could have been? The family lived in Dublin so I have always assumed it was in Dublin.

Thanks very much. This is not related to current events / the Ryan report by the way, though it seems sadly likely that wherever it was it wasn't much fun.

Advertisement