Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine door replacement - €75 labour?

Options
  • 26-05-2009 10:42am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Id appreciate some input on this price plese.

My Indesit washing machine door glass cracked due to a cold wash being put on after the dryer had beeen on. Its finally gien way and now I need a new door.

I contacted a suppplier - independent i think - and he quote €40 for the door and €75 for labour. Does it take hours to fix a washing machine door on? Im thinking it must take a good 3 hours if its €25 an hour - or maybe even longer at that price. Surly its not just a hlaf hour job for €75? If so, that seems really expensive. Is it a very complicated job to change the door over?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

€75 not bad for call out and repair. Travel to site, 1 hour on site, bite to eat, travel back, half the day is gone. Vehicle/fuel/insurance/warranty/tax/vat also.

Ask how much for labour if you bring the machine in.

Advertisement