Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese help

Options
  • 25-05-2009 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

So I movedto a new school for 5th year and decided to take up Japanese((as it had jsut become a full subject in my old school)).As they didnt have a teacher I ahd to go to these saturday class for 5th year students wishing to do Japanese.Since I started late I was far behind the class and the teacher assumed I already knew what I was doing.I didnt return to the class after christmas but kept on the subject bymyself doing work((little of it)) in study class's.

Anyway could anyone tell me where abouts I should be covred by 5th year and all that shiz cause Im kinda worried now,I find Japanese much eaiser to do then spanish ...much eaiser but then again Im doing it by myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Well, you should have all of Hiragana learnt off, with most if not all of Katakana. A few Kanji maybe. D'you use the Nihongo Kantan books?
    I'm doing it for the LC, and my exam is on the 19th of June. Not looking forward to it at all, as I completely suck at it (my teacher was an ass as well though).
    I plan on dropping to Ordinary level...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Yeha I have all 3 of the books.

I'm using the Rosseta stone thingies atm and they are way easier for learning it then the school ones,but then again will it be relavant to the course.I'm probably gonna finish the programme soon and then go over the book heh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭SugoiHito

I did my LC this year and Japanese was one of my subject. I was very fortunate though cos my school had a japanese teacher!Anyhow..if your using the kantan book you should have covered half of it anyways,well at least up to chapter 5!The books are a great help anyways,it splits everything into sections and has 10 kanjis to learn for each chapeter,also have a look at the back of each chapter,theres always a summary of all the grammar points you need to know and all the vocab!My teacher used to make us learn all the vocab at the back and thats how i built it up!I was aiming for an A1 in it though:p best of luck with it anyways!Once the exam comes you will find it much easier then you expect!The only hard part might be the oral...get some good practise done at the start of 6th year!

Advertisement