Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election posters?

Options
  • 25-05-2009 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Im sure you have all seen the election posters around your local place.

Not sure if this is the right place to post.

I want to know what material are they printed on? the plastic stuff...

And where can I get them made, or where do they get them printed?
    good for promosting my business, so thanks for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Im sure you have all seen the election posters around your local place.

Ah yes,the sporadic beauty pageant

I want to know what material are they printed on? the plastic stuff...

I'd hazard a guess at possibly a lightweight form of acrylic or maybe corrugated plastic. Just a guess. I can't say for sure. I've heard that some of the eco-friendly pollies are usin corrugated timber but that the rainy weather fcuks em up (the posters).
    And where can I get them made, or where do they get them printed?
    good for promosting my business, so thanks for any help :)

Theres printing.ie that's based in Farranfore in Kerry: Tel. 1890 345 678
    International Calls +353 (0)66 979 3333
    Printing.ie - 4park Business Centre -
    Tralee Road - Farranfore - Kerry - Ireland
    Fax +353 (0)66 976 4050

and

B2B Print

Blackstone Bridge, Lower Killeens, Off Commons Road, Cork
    +353 (0)21 4221736
    +353 (0)21 4221738
    Sales@b2bprint.ie

and

Walsh Graphic Design,
    Ballydrehid,
    Cahir,
    Co. Tipperary.
    (Opp. Daltons Transport)

Tel: 052-7441638

Mobile: 086-1593194

email:
    walshgraphicdesign@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I know theres some catch 22 about typing numbers of people in the forum because of advertising or somethin,but their contact details are already public anyway.Like theyre on their websites.

http://www.printing.ie/

http://www.b2bprint.ie/

www.walshgraphicdesign.net

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

And where can I get them made, or where do they get them printed? good for promosting my business, so thanks for any help :)
    By law, the name of the printer needs to be on them. So look at them up close. :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There usally printed on corriboard. Its the material thats used for For Sale signs etc. You will find that printers do a poor enough job design wise - their job should be simply printing and nothing else. Designers create the poster and printers print them (in terms of signage and some election posters anyway). There the cheaper material to print on. The election boards will rarely have who designed them, just who printed.

Where you located OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Victor wrote: »
    By law, the name of the printer needs to be on them. So look at them up close. :eek:
    Many choose to ignore this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Many choose to ignore this.

Thought most parties put them on? I know some independents didn't but thats down to the printer. When I did posters, I was never told until after we got them printed about the change in law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Quite a few SF posters lack the printers name. It is mostly independents that don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moving to marketing, it's got nothing to do with politics.

Advertisement