Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the standard deal for playing a WSOP Ticket?

Options
  • 25-05-2009 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭

Approached to play a WSOP ticket and just wondering what is the standard deal done between an owner of a ticket and the player..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

westlife wrote: »
    Approached to play a WSOP ticket and just wondering what is the standard deal done between an owner of a ticket and the player..
    Send it to me to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭westlife

DAMO72 wrote: »
    Send it to me to play

1 - They wont understand you
    2 - Anyone who blows kisses at you will p... u off
    3 - You wont leave
    :D:D:D

did you get anything sorted out with your passport to dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,214 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Depends Phil, but i'd be looking for 50/50 minimum.

How did the owner get acquire the ticket. Did he satellite in or is he buying in? I think its relevant because i wouldnt be willing to give him $10k back before we split if he's sat'd in.

Who's taking care of expenses? I'd deduct this from any winnings and give back to you/him before the split.

e.g If you cash for $22k and he bought in/covered expenses it could go something like $22k minus $10k buyin, $2k expenses so $10k split 50/50 is $5k apiece.

On the other hand, if he sat'd in for $1k and he wants you to pay your own expenses, its $22k minus $1k entry, minus $2k expenses for you so $19 split 50/50 for $9.5k each.

Good luck if you decide to play

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    If you're being backed 100%, you shouldn't be seeing more than 30% of any winnings (where "winnings" = amount after buyin is deducted from eventual payout).

Disagree with that, Id be very reluctant to play for less than 50% of myself no matter what % of the entry is being put up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Tony puts up some great points, i would probably want 50/50 but if you do get a deep run in it, im sure it is a gruelling tournament so you would defo want a nice share for what you have put into it.

Good Luck thou if you do play.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I agree with Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

5starpool wrote: »
    I agree with Tony.

i agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

I wouldn't be surprised if someone offered you 50-50, 30% is definitely a great deal for you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

I think how he got the ticket is irrelevant. It's value is $10k, not what it cost to get it. I'd go 50:50 after taking his 10k out first.

You could haggle over expenses for ages, being in vegas is a pretty good holiday and you can't expect for your backer to pay for all your expenses. I'd suggest you both go 50:50 on flights/hotel and anything after that you pay for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Jaysus i'd happily play for 10% plus expenses. Plus maybe a sliding incentive/balloon payment if I won above certain amounts.

Free trip to Vegas plus playing in the WSOP? 10% would be plenty. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

30% sounds about right, getting to freeroll 50% sounds ludicrous to me. also i don't think how he got the ticket should have any relevance to the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

somewhere between 50/50 and 70/30 in favour of the backer is fair if your good.

You cover your own expenses and the backer recoups his 10k before any split on winnings.

I think wheither he puts up the 10k or won a ticket in a sat is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

50/50 on a freeroll is rediculous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

If you're being backed 100%, you shouldn't be seeing more than 30% of any winnings (where "winnings" = amount after buyin is deducted from eventual payout).

Yeah this sounds about right. Say you pay 2.5k in expenses, it's like him paying 80% of the 12.5k total cost, so 30% sounds about right if he gets the first 10k back

If the backer pays expenses or they came with ticket, I'd say 20% tops. If he offered you free entry and expenses into a 1.5k event you'd prob snap his hand off, this is better!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

I would never back someone where they were seeing less than 30% as most people arent giving their best game in that spot.

That said the only people I would consider backing dont need it.

I would never back someone where they were seeing less than 30% as most people arent giving their best game in that spot.

That said the only people I would consider backing dont need it.

I agree on the second part, but you could back them 50% with makeup and get a decent deal for both players. For a once-off event even 30% is a lot.

Id definitely turn down a ticket this year if I was only being offered 30%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

bohsman wrote: »

So you just randomly turn down offers of 3k all the time?

• Advertisement

TommyGunne wrote: »
    So you just randomly turn down offers of 3k all the time?

Yea, theres thousands of online bonuses etc that I havent done worth around that. Id compare it to that seeing as Id have to spend at least 2k plus take time off work to get the free 3k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Yea, theres thousands of online bonuses etc that I havent done worth around that. Id compare it to that seeing as Id have to spend at least 2k plus take time off work to get the free 3k.

This sounds quite creepy! I'd just love to play it. As Lloyd said, I'd do it for 10%. You get to play a $1k event for free. Happy days. I still think someone would be retarded to put me in only getting 90% of the return though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

I'm a bit surprised by those saying it doesn't matter if the backer pays you in or won the seat.

Anyone who can afford $10K can negotiate hard for a quality player who can't personally afford the buyin just now.

Someone who got lucky and won a seat (and is smart enough to know that they got lucky, which they must be or they'd play it themselves) may well recognise that giving a generous deal to just about any player that's substantially better than them is +ev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Meh, they should really be looking for a cash equivalent / selling the seat for $9k if it's as transferable as it appears to be.

I nearly agree, but I can't imagine not keeping a percentage in that situation.

I probably would as well, but I generally wouldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Moro Man

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Depends Phil, but i'd be looking for 50/50 minimum.

How did the owner get acquire the ticket. Did he satellite in or is he buying in? I think its relevant because i wouldnt be willing to give him $10k back before we split if he's sat'd in.

Who's taking care of expenses? I'd deduct this from any winnings and give back to you/him before the split.

e.g If you cash for $22k and he bought in/covered expenses it could go something like $22k minus $10k buyin, $2k expenses so $10k split 50/50 is $5k apiece.

On the other hand, if he sat'd in for $1k and he wants you to pay your own expenses, its $22k minus $1k entry, minus $2k expenses for you so $19 split 50/50 for $9.5k each.

Good luck if you decide to play

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055294247

I think you'll find there's a lot of ground covered (especially about "expenses" in this thread;):cool::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭westlife

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry for only getting back now (late night). Let me clarify
    1 - Ticket owner -Won it at a big Charity Event, It was her first ever poker event (get the feeling she is very well off....I know this should make no difference, but putting it in anyway)

2 - Accomodation is included in my package
    and

3- whoever said they would play it for 10%, here is an idea.... I go to Vegas for the compt accomodation. You play the ticket with the pressure, sweats etc etc. I take 20% of the ticket as your pimp and the owner gets 70%..:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement