Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scully's of Drumcondra??

Options
  • 25-05-2009 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi there

Im trying to look into some family history, Im trying to identify a man with the second name of Scully which lived on Ferguson Road, Drumcondra around 1935, He possible moved after these dates and this would have been his mother and fathers home. And I know his trade was as a steeplejack.

I would REALLY appreciate any information on him or his family. It would also be great if someone knew the number of the house they lived in!?

Thanks a mil, :D:confused::confused::confused:
    Helen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

Hi there

Im trying to look into some family history, Im trying to identify a man with the second name of Scully which lived on Ferguson Road, Drumcondra around 1935, He possible moved after these dates and this would have been his mother and fathers home. And I know his trade was as a steeplejack.

I would REALLY appreciate any information on him or his family. It would also be great if someone knew the number of the house they lived in!?

Thanks a mil, :D:confused::confused::confused:
    Helen
    Maybe if you were to check the parish records, you might find something there. Otherwise, census records would be your only option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 headaball21

I tryed but the only census I can get hold off is 1911 Do you know of any taken after that? It wouldnt be in the parish records I know that for a fact anyway! :?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

On the electoral records for 1939-1940 the only Scully's listed are on O'Daly Road and Griffith Avenue.
    Don't know if this helps...

http://www.dublinheritage.ie/electoral/search.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sean scully

John Scully was a steeplejack,who lived in o'daly road drumcondra.He would have been my first cousin,being a nephew of my father.He put the lightning
    spire on the wellington monument in the phoenix park and along with my father, did other work including some on finlaters church.
    One of my brothers did live on ferguson road for while many years ago.
    If this is of any help to you you can contact me as i more info of family
    members going back a couple of hundred years
    Seán Scully

Advertisement