Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East End Hotel ~ Under new management..

Options
  • 25-05-2009 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

I believe the keys were handed over at the weekend...

Be interesting to see what the new management do, if anything, to the hotel. It'd be a great spot if someone put some thought and effort into it. It has the ideal space for bands and other weekend entertainment...

The owners have remained the same and I know they'd love to see it take off.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,167 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Be interesting to see what the new management do, if anything, to the hotel. It'd be a great spot if someone put some thought and effort into it. It has the ideal space for bands and other weekend entertainment...

They need to make it accessible to the 25+ market as competition to the cow shed that is the rugby club....

Its had a bad rap over the last few years due to under age drinking, drugs, and an 'actual' drive by shooting....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

sydthebeat wrote: »
    They need to make it accessible to the 25+ market as competition to the cow shed that is the rugby club....

Its had a bad rap over the last few years due to under age drinking, drugs, and an 'actual' drive by shooting....

I agree....I think it can be marketed with the tag-line 'It has potential :D '

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

i know the lads who have taken it over and they are good lads and locals who i reckon will do a great job. best of luck to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Hopefully be great for the town

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

stevoman wrote: »
    i know the lads who have taken it over and they are good lads and locals who i reckon will do a great job. best of luck to them!

Knowing the lads myself I'd hope that they will do something decent with the place.

I worked in it under the previous management structure and found that the policy was 'get as much money out of this bloodless stone' ;)

If the new management structure that I'm thinking of actually goes into place, then we could be looking at the return of decent live bands to the town and possibly some comedy acts.

Onwards and upwards I say.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,167 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

anyone want to post the names of the new owners, or PM me if thats a bit dodgy.... thanks..

sydthebeat wrote: »
    anyone want to post the names of the new owners, or PM me if thats a bit dodgy.... thanks..

The owners stayed the same...*in code now ;)*...the same brothers that own the other half of the town :D

Maybe someone can help with the new managers?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭puremule

I've gigged there myself a fair bit over the last number of years and there was a time not so long ago that this place was nothing short of "rockin'" on a Saturday night. That has died down dramatically over the last year and a half or so. In my opinion in regards to the Staurday night trade for live music this can only be due to the sad lack of advertisment for a start and also due to the inconsistency of the standard of Saturday night bands. One week you could have a four or five piece band covering everything from The Killers, Queen and Snow Patrol to the next having some guy with his best Randy Travis twang and really bad backing tracks. People in my opinion need to be sure that theres something worth coming in for rather than coming in and realising that Randy's illigitimate son is playing and having to walk down the town.......usually in the rain!!!

Excuse the rant:o:o

puremule wrote: »
    I've gigged there myself a fair bit over the last number of years and there was a time not so long ago that this place was nothing short of "rockin'" on a Saturday night. That has died down dramatically over the last year and a half or so. In my opinion in regards to the Staurday night trade for live music this can only be due to the sad lack of advertisment for a start and also due to the inconsistency of the standard of Saturday night bands. One week you could have a four or five piece band covering everything from The Killers, Queen and Snow Patrol to the next having some guy with his best Randy Travis twang and really bad backing tracks. People in my opinion need to be sure that theres something worth coming in for rather than coming in and realising that Randy's illigitimate son is playing and having to walk down the town.......usually in the rain!!!

Excuse the rant:o:o

The last time I was in there was about 3 or 4 years ago to see Bagatelle!! (Other than the unforgettable night that the Boardsie's DRAGGED me into Leg-Ends!)

Do you gig anywhere else in Portarlington Puremule?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭puremule

The last time I was in there was about 3 or 4 years ago to see Bagatelle!! (Other than the unforgettable night that the Boardsie's DRAGGED me into Leg-Ends!)

Do you gig anywhere else in Portarlington Puremule?

Nice!!. No we don't gig anywhere else in Port. We kind of have an unwritten rule that we only do one venue per town and. as our set up of equipment etc is biggish theres only the hotel or the back of Gogartys that can really accomodate it. It's a pity really as Port a few years back was a great place to gig.

• Advertisement
Advertisement