Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summertime in the Faithful.

Options
  • 25-05-2009 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭

So the summer seems to have finally broken through (for a while at least) and according to the (so called) experts we are supposed to have a scorcher this year. Perfect weather for getting out and about. So here's your chance to let everyone know whats going on in your locality. At the moment I see the Birr Balloon Festival is on, and I might pop down some evening this week.

Anything else that ya know of in the pipelines

EDIT: Just a reminder to stick to the guidelines about what gigs/events you can or can't name.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

The phoenix festival in July and the fleadh ceoil na heireann in August,both in Tullamore.Cant wait for them:) hopefully the weather keeps up for the festivals!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Castle Palozza looks good for August

http://www.castlepalooza.com/inner/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 41 bhaneasa

Can't wait to head home to Birr some evening this week for the Balloon Festival. It was held in Birr some years too and was lucky enough to get a trip in one of the balloons - Unforgettable!!! :cool::cool: I hear the trips are booked out this time, but it is well worth going for a look to see them all getting ready and whisking up in the air. Bring your cameras and camcorders. Just spoke to a nice gentleman on the phone from Birr Castle and they open the gates to the public (for free!) at about 6.30pm each day for the duration of the festival. Weather-permitting,the balloons launch at about half 7....
    If anyone is in the Birr area this week, pop along.
    An AMAZING sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

And dont forget about Birr vintage week, always make sure i'm home for some or all of it!! the best part is the fireworks display!!

keep an eye on http://www.birrvintageweek.com/ for info on whats happening

Advertisement