Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riverside Walk

Options
  • 25-05-2009 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Yesterday sunday wandered down by the banks of the Nore for over a mile or so. Beautiful peaceful surroundings. Is it possible if energy allowed to continue on to Bennettsbridge. If so is there any local bus from there back to Kilkenny in the evening? On way back approaching the bridge near the hotel saw an old plaque on the castle walls commerating the expansion of the walk i think it was around 1860. Ye Cats should appreciate your lovely city.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

I've been out as far as maddoxtown walking along the river but you have to switch from the western to the eastern bank of the river at some point. I would say you can lake it the whole way out but the eastern bank is mainly a dirt track at that stage.

There is loads of old abandoned mill buidings etc the whole way along the route. Excellent walk for history lovers. i suppose you could keep going all the way to thomastown and then get the train back home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

"i suppose you could keep going all the way to thomastown and then get the train back home"
    I'm planning on doing that at some stage this summer :D

Advertisement