Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Edge

Options
  • 25-05-2009 3:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Just looking for a little info. I've been using meteor's edge on my iphone 3G for the last month without any issues. On thursday evening though the "E" on my menu bar dissappeared and hasnt come back since. I'm hopeing its just an issue with meteor at the minute and not my phone(seeing as i havent changed any settings). I'm just wondering has anyone experienced the same outage of EDGE lately on meteor??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

No issues with EDGE here.

Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Mysteriously i've had the same problem with O2 since Friday. Enabling 3G seems to work around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

Thanks for the replies guys.

Im located in Limerick city

@Stephen. Turning on 3G wouldn't really have an effect for me because meteor dont support 3G yet. Thanks though

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Skidmcmarx wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Im located in Limerick city

@Stephen. Turning on 3G wouldn't really have an effect for me because meteor dont support 3G yet. Thanks though

Maybe they do now? apparently they've just rolled it out in Galway last week....apparently - according to my meteor using friends. Maybe it's the same for Limer?

Mactard wrote: »
    Maybe they do now? apparently they've just rolled it out in Galway last week....apparently - according to my meteor using friends. Maybe it's the same for Limer?

They do support 3G in Dublin, Cork and a few other places. I don't believe it is in Limerick, though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    They do support 3G in Dublin, Cork

I know of those two, but perhaps you misread my post as I was only saying that it's possible that they have recently (within the last week) rolled out 3g in limerick. To clarify, I didn't say that that was definitely the case - only that maybe, like Galway (if that's even true), limerick has just been added to Meteor's 3g list.

Mactard wrote: »
    I know of those two, but perhaps you misread my post

Yip, looks like I did. :)

I see what you are saying now.

Advertisement