Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who was the guy in the cabin.

Options
  • 24-05-2009 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

In Season 4, Locke went to the cabin to talk to who, he thought, was Jacob, when Widmore's guys were coming to the island. Now I think its fair to assume that it wasn't Jacob and there is a good possibility it was "Esau", (maybe in the form of one of the crew on the Black Rock ship). But "Esau" told Locke to move the island by turning the wheel (but Ben insisted that he do it), which would of transported Locke to Tunisia and therefore he wouldn't of being killed and sent back to the island.

So was this actually "Esau" or a 3rd mysterious character we don't know about (who seems to be quite friendly with Christian Shepard).

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

That was Christian who Locke met in the cabin in season 4. The other guy, who we assumed was Jacob at the time, was only glimpsed briefly on two previous occasions.

This is what Locke saw in "The Man Behind the Curtain":

250px-3x20_Jacob_portrait.jpg
    (This was actually the prop master standing-in for the future actor.)

This is what Hurley saw in "The Beginning of the End":

150px-Jacob%27s_Eye.png

This is Titus Welliver who played the "Man in Black"/Esau with long hair:

200px-Titus_Welliver.jpg

And here's an even better one of him from Deadwood:

tituswelliver.jpg

So, yeah, Esau is almost certainly the mysterious cabin figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

200px-Titus_Welliver.jpg

OMG Bob Geldof is Jacob!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Ahh Okay, thanks. Was it Christian or Esau who told Locke to move the island.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Dman001 wrote: »
    Was it Christian or Esau who told Locke to move the island.
    Christian.

ChristianJacob.JPG

Or at least someone who looked like and claimed to be Christian. I like to call him Island-Christian since we don't know either way yet. He said he spoke on Jacob's behalf which I think we can now assume was a lie and he actually works for Esau.

Hurley also saw Christian and Esau (or his eye anyway) in the cabin together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Interesting. I didn't realise they used the same actor for the eye and Esau. Kinda neat.

• Advertisement

cooker3 wrote: »
    Interesting. I didn't realise they used the same actor for the eye and Esau. Kinda neat.
    They didn't. Sorry if I gave that impression though. I'm assuming that the eye was Esau's. I don't know who actually "played" the eye in that episode. Probably the prop guy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭purple_hatstand

Assuming that one of Jacob & 'Esau' is 'good' and the other 'bad' is too simplistic, even for LOST? If we are to infer anything at all from the bible stories, they were equally weak and deceptive and both will be judged (and destroyed) along with all their descendants in some kind of apocalyptic, end-of-days scenario. (classic old testament!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I recon that the guy in the cabin was Jacob. Christian, who was speaking for Jacob, told Locke to move the island and by doing so Jacob could of saved him from Ben killing him. Instead, Ben moved the island and As Christian made clear, it was Locke who was supposed to turn the wheel. I think the only reason why we are assuming it's Esau in the cabin is because of the picture we saw (in the Finale) of the Statue with the knife through it. Jacob could of being trapped in the cabin and therefore Christian had to speak for Jacob. But Hurley broke the ring of ash and Jacob was free. So he goes to live in the statue and he put that picture up in the cabin to let his group (the group that was carrying Lockes dead body) know where he was.

Advertisement