Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things I Find Boring About TG

Options
  • 24-05-2009 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Have to admit, i'm no fan of the power laps or the star in a reasonably priced car.

Love the banter between the 3 of them, the challanges, the races, and the reviews of older cars, Cossie 190 being one of the best ones.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

The only thing I find boring is that the interviews for the star in the reasonably priced car goes on for far too long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Tea Spoon

I've felt sometimes that the shameful plugs for new films, books and albums etc should be left for the chat shows but some of the laps undertaken have been very funny (especially when they manage to damage the car in some way). :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The power laps are ok, the interviews can be dead boring depending on the person.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Clarkson interviewing Will Young, and the subsequent shows, was highly entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

James Blunt was ok too - but some of the guests were pox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Need some women on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

According to Fast Lane Daily, a youtube carshow, they may need to get one.

Can't find the video right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,821 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Harriet Harman, a UK MP is trying to bring out some law of gender equality on tv...which, yes may involve shows like TG having to introduce a woman presenter.

I can say, with the utmost confidence, as an 18 year old female fan, that this move would DESTROY Top Gear.

The reason it is so successful is because of the chemistry between the 3 lads. People love to watch them "cocking about", and ripping the piss out of each other.
    If they introduced any new presenter, male or female, they would have to try and build up this chemistry and friendship all over again. And I don't think they would have time to do that. It's taken them 5-6 years to build up this one.

No-one else would get away with the odd crack at Richard over the crash like Jezza does (barely).

The banter would be gone.

Yes, maybe introduce a new feature, or bring back TG Stuntman, but for the love of god.....DON'T CHANGE THE MAKE-UP AND CHEMISTRY!!!!!

As for the woman presenter thing.....maybe bring back Top Gear Dog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Bryn wrote: »
    The only thing I find boring is that the interviews for the star in the reasonably priced car goes on for far too long

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

As above, the star in a reasonably priced car goes on for far too long and gets boring if you don't know 'the star'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I quite like the power laps, great to see the high-end stuff being thrashed about rather than just sitting polished in a garage somewhere. Cars that are "too "clean bug me a bit.

The interviews can be very boring sometimes but TG Stunt-Guy never really did it for me, maybe just do another car test instead.

As for that PC nonsense about having gender equality; I couldn't see Clarkson staying on if that type of bullsh!t was imposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I can quite happily spend a weekend watching TG repeats on Dave, but I would like it if they occasionally tested cars that us average punters drive (Nissans, Fords, Fiats for example).
    I love watching the supercars and Jezza yelling powaaah in his latest pen1s substitute, but we can't all afford Beemers and Lambos, y'know :p

Actually if they showed some driving techniques, that would be cool :D Understeering puppies anyone? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

aye. dont really like star in the reasonably priced car bar a few; such as simon cowell, lewis hamilton, paddy kielty...

Advertisement