Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra Questions?

Options
  • 24-05-2009 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭

I came across this in a piece about LC biology:

[FONT=&quot]QUESTION 14 & 15.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]In these two questions you have to answer two from three parts. Don¹t answer all three parts.
    [/FONT]
    Is there any reason not to do extra questions? I ALWAYS do the 3 parts in those qs in chemistry and biology, and aswel in the chemistry paper where you have to answer 8 ill do more if i can. Will they not just take the best 2 out of 3?[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Yes, they will just take your best BUT it could be a bit of a waste of time.

Time spent doing an extra part of a question could be better used for looking back on your other work, or moving on to the next question.
    If at the end you have spare time, and you've already looked over everything and done all you need to do, then by all means do extra bits. But don't just start off doing the 3 bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Thanks, o god ya i wouldnt move on to any extra questions till i had gone over the others 100%, just the way it was phrased in that bit, you'd swear it was a sin! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

i think the biology paper gives plenty of time to do extra questions, overall its pretty good compared to some papers. yep they will correct your best questions, just make sure you mark each part very clearly for them so the dont miss out on anything, cant wait to do the biology exam!!:Dim sooo sad:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm always finished way early in biology so I might do an extra question, if only to stop me being bored! I always do all of section A anyway, might do an extra q in section C.

In Chemistry I'm always pushed for time (those damn calculations take so long!) but I'd like to do an extra question. I do all the questions in question 4, the short questions question (did I really just say question four times in one sentence?!) because there's usually an extra 2 makrs going for getting all 8 questions right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Answer what's required 1st, read over and then if you've time do extra. There's alot to be said for doing extra question's in Bio as you've more than enough time. IIRC I answered all the questions last year and ended up with an A1.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement