Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My itunes is taking away my songs!

Options
  • 24-05-2009 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I have my music (mostly downloaded songs) in a "Music" folder in windows aswell as itunes. Problem is i shuffled my songs into differnet folders and now itunes cannot find them. When i try to play them in itune or transfer them to my ipod an exclamation mark appears and asks me would i like to locate the file but i have almost 2000 songs so i cant do it for every one. does anyone know how to tell itunes where to look for files or a way i can tell itunes to find a whole bunch of songs? appreciate any help because im lost:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭The-Ry-Man06

This post has been deleted.

Jesus! ur makin me feel really slow now ive been rackin my brain tryin to figure out how to get them back on how could i not think of that.
    cheers man. only problem is alot of them i painstakingly labelled myself so thats gonna be a bit of a bitch to redo and id like to know why itunes wasnt able to find them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

As you moved them to a different folder iTunes doesn't know where they are now, all you have to do is Add folders to library, I'm assuming you don't have all 2000 songs in individual folders ? It's quick enough and you can then consolidate your library afterwards to bring them back into the one spot.

Advertisement