Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i allowed to claim for other days?

Options
  • 24-05-2009 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi I lost my job in february and received the jobseekers allowance of 204euro a week. I recently got a job where I am workin four days a week but only make about 240euros. My employer said I will definitley get 39 hours a week in a month or so. last week i worked 3 days only and this and the following week I am working 3days only....there will be some weeks like this where i may work a 2day week or 3 day week or 4 day week.

Is it possible for me to claim for the other days when I work 3 or less days, even though eventually I will be working a 5 day week in a month or so.

Can anybody please help:(
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Is it possible for me to claim for the other days when I work 3 or less days, even though eventually I will be working a 5 day week in a month or so.

Yes.
    Check under jobseekers benefit/allowance on www.welfare.ie or ask at your local SWO.
    Did you inform the SWO that you got a job, did you sign off? You need to be a bit clearer on that

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭memeandmark

ya i signed off as soon as i got the job

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭memeandmark

do i need to let my employer know if i am entitled to this? or how does it work

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

do i need to let my employer know if i am entitled to this? or how does it work

Yes, you get a form that is filled in and stamped by your employer regularly(weekly?) detailing your working hours that you then give to the SWO, you need to go down to your local SWO and tell them your situation and apply for JA

Advertisement