Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone recommend a nice Port?

Options
  • 24-05-2009 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭

Hi

Have recently developed a taste for port after drinking some 19 year old stuff at a work do in Germany but to be honest know very little about it. Wouldn't mind purchasing a nice bottle and don't mind paying a few quid either (up to €50).

Any recommendations?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

For everyday port drinking, I find it hard to go past the Sandeman 5-cross tawny.

Otherwise, go to a good quality off licence with a decent range of ports and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

I like to go for the Late Bottle Vintage ( LBV ) - much more reasonable than the Vintage .

Some Tescos do a half decent selection of Ports too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I like a 10YO Tawny.
    More subtle than a ruby or LBV imo.
    Currently drinking Taylors 10 YO Tawny but as said above go to a good offie and ask for advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Brouhaha

Currently drinking Taylors 10 YO Tawny but as said above go to a good offie and ask for advise.

Agree with that, Taylor's 10 YO Tawny is lovely stuff

Advertisement