Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online sources thread

Options
  • 24-05-2009 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

Ok what I want to do here is collect together a bunch of free, easily accessed, legitimate e-resources that will be made into a sticky. This will be a collection of pre-approved, accurate sources that may be used as a source when asked for a reference in a thread for example. Or if someone comes into the forum with a question it can be used as a starting point for investigation. It will also open up possibilities for people who may be used to wiki as their principle source for history, or simply broaden ones horizons in terms of historical material that is on offer online. There might also be a short description of each source, what its good for, etc.
    If anyone has suggestions for the sticky, please post them here, and I'll put the sticky together in a few weeks when I've collected all the best sources. I hope this is clear, if anyone has questions don't hesitate to ask.
    First source that I'm going to add;

http://www.ucc.ie/celt/

Celt. This is a website run by UCC (as you can see) and has a huge amount of texts relating to Irish history. Its a great start for any student, and easily accessible for any user. If you are interested in history then its a must.
    Lots of colleges have websites like this, so if you know of any, post them up.

Comments

Advertisement