Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIFI on Nokia N95 8GB

Options
  • 24-05-2009 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I had to send my phone off last month as the charging connector was faulty.
    Before I sent it off I had it paired with my Eircom Broadband, since it came back from repair it wont connect to Eircom Broadband unless I put the WEP code in each and everytime, I didn't have to do this before repair.

Basically my question is is there a certificate gone missing or do I have to update the phone software again and hope that when I try to log onto WIFI it wont ask me each time for the WEP?

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

turn off WEP, it is worthless as a form of encryption anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Setup the WIFI connection via access points under settings and you'll be able to pop in the password there and it should save.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Keith186

Random wrote: »
    Setup the WIFI connection via access points under settings and you'll be able to pop in the password there and it should save.

This is what I done on mine as far as I remember and also you can change the name of the network to 'Home' or whatever you want if you wish.

Anyone else have issues connecting to the wifi network. Sometimes my phone (N95 8gb) wont find any network at all or will disconnect and not find the network for a good while.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Keith186 wrote: »
    This is what I done on mine as far as I remember and also you can change the name of the network to 'Home' or whatever you want if you wish.

Anyone else have issues connecting to the wifi network. Sometimes my phone (N95 8gb) wont find any network at all or will disconnect and not find the network for a good while.

It doesn't mean its faulty. Its probably just to do with the settings.

Delete the access point in the phone. Turn off the wep and security in the router. Turn on the wifi searcher on the phone and scan. It should then connect and be defined as an access point in the phone and work automatically from there on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

There's no need to turn off security. Just go into tools-wlan wizard-highlight your network and press options-define access point and you'll be asked for the key

• Advertisement
Advertisement