Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twitter Spam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Not seeing a big problem on my main account, but I know others are. get one or two of those every few weeks, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 extomas

This is most spamish service, but as i know twitter going to some changes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

Yeah, I'm getting what even appears to be the same "user" following me multiple times with slightly different user names. Hopefully it doesn't go like Yahoo.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Irish Business

But surely, followers can have no real effect on you. The only people who can clog your account are those that you opt in to follow?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭niall_belfast

Yeah, that happened to my account - bit of a pain deleting them, but other than that there was no big deal..

I have noticed on a few account that I follow that there is U.S. based spam (e.g. about getting a Wii for $500, betting on the NBA, etc.) - dunno how that would happen other than the twitter account being hijacked..

Advertisement