Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What part of Dublin Most of Apnay (Pakistani's) or Desi Live.

Options
  • 24-05-2009 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

What part of Dublin Most of Apnay (Pakistani's) or Desi Live.

Is there a place in dublin like Green Street In London

Tried this i another ot sure where to get best response .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

Apay or desi.... is that english slang or something?

I dont know of any certin areas and dont think there are tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭topdost

Apay and desi are usually used for Pakistani and Indians .

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭topdost

As requested by mods just to clarify :

I dont want to be racist , I am a pakistani and want to live where most of people are urdu speaking , Pakistani Language .

Just to make my parents life easy who have just moved so they can also enjoy their life

Or where you have Pakistani grocerry stores ad meat shops.

thx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

There is a mosque on the South Circular Road (google "Dublin Mosque"), so some Muslims live around there but generally immigration is not as concentrated as you may be used to in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

There are a lot of Pakistani or Indian shops around harolds cross, at the south end of clanbrassil street, north of grand canal.

So, I'd guess that would be a good place to live. I get my barfi and gulub jaman there :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Main Street Lucan has a Pakistani grocer with a Halal counter in the Old Post Office (across from Remax beside the Boys National School). The aisle with all the spices and deserts is to behold!

Something to consider- areas other than Dublin have significant Pakistani and/or Muslim communities- such as Roscommon (which coincidentally was also where Halal Meats- the meat processor, was located).

Most areas with higher population densities- will have a Pakistani grocer, ready availability of Halal products etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Maybe ask the local mosque OP.

The only one I know is in Clonskeagh and I believe there are rooms leased on Talbot St where Muslims can worship.

Now that doesn't answer your question but somebody there can help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

The area around the junction of Clanbrassil St/South Circular Road is a possibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

BendiBus wrote: »
    The area around the junction of Clanbrassil St/South Circular Road is a possibility.

Yep, I second this. I did a masters in Griffith College (which is at the junction of Clanbrassil St/South Circular Road) and I noticed there was a large number of Indian/Pakistani shops/people around the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I dont want to be racist , I am a pakistani and want to live where most of people are urdu speaking ,

Why come to Ireland if you don't wish to live amongst Irish people?
    Fortunately there are not yet real ghettos in Ireland and I for one hope that such areas do not come into existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

We're all about integration, not immigration. Welcome to Ireland, try the Gaelic, the guinness and the brown bread. Céad Mile Fáilte.

Guys- thats it. Thread closed again.
    The topic is on dodgy territory to begin with- I am not going to allow this descend into an integration versus immigration thread- there are enough of those elsewhere on Boards.

OP- if you have further queries- I would suggest you pose specific questions in a new thread- and do not leave the topic wide open to misinterpretation (albeit deliberately by many).

Regards,

SMcCarrick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement