Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petition for apple to make sim-free iPhones available in Ireland, - please sign!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

It's fantastic that you're doing this... Internet petitions are so successful, I'm sure that Apple will immediately see the error of their ways & realize they can probably shift two million units in a week just by breaking their own monopoly.

Just buy one on ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 walshb5

iMax wrote: »
    It's fantastic that you're doing this... Internet petitions are so successful, I'm sure that Apple will immediately see the error of their ways & realize they can probably shift two million units in a week just by breaking their own monopoly.

Just buy one on ebay.

Firstly I didn't say anything about my purchasing one.

While most are content in just complaining to others about things they feel are wrong, I find much more gets done when one uses a more proactive approach, and brings it to that person/body's attention.

And has no-one ever told you that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

walshb5 wrote: »
    And has no-one ever told you that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit?

No ! I've never been told that before !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

walshb5 wrote: »
    They're available in some countries sim-free and not locked to a network. Why did we get a bum deal? If you disagree with the monopoly they gave O2, and want competition and fairness in the market sign the petition at the link below, which will be sent to Apple.

http://www.petitiononline.com/iphoneie/petition.html

The reason they're available sim-free in some countries is the law prevents locked phones being sold there. Online petitions, if they are related to securing a new season for a tv show have been known to be, on very rare occasions, successful in the past; but you are absolutely wasting your time trying to petition to multinational such as Apple.

The laws relating to sim-locking and consumers rights are completely lacking in this country and if you want any chance - small as it may be - at changing this you're better of writing to the Minister for Communications.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

you are absolutely wasting your time trying to petition to multinational such as Apple.

The laws relating to sim-locking and consumers rights are completely lacking in this country and if you want any chance - small as it may be - at changing this you're better of writing to the Minister for Communications.

Agree 100%.

TBH, I can't see an online petition achieving anything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement