Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster team homecoming details

Options
  • 24-05-2009 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

For all the supporters who will be in Leinster tomorrow, here are details of the celebrations at the RDS:

Leinster Rugby are delighted to announce details of a special homecoming ceremony to honour the victorious Heineken Cup squad which will take place tomorrow afternoon (Sunday) from 2.30pm in the RDS...
    Due to reduced stand space because of upcoming concert events taking place in the RDS, there will be a reduced capacity of 10,000. Entrance is free and all are welcome.

There will be free seating in the Grandstand with standing room also on the pitch in front of a specially erected stage which will be located in front of the Anglesea Stand. Supporters are encouraged to arrive early to soak up the atmosphere.

As well as being able to honour the Heineken Cup champions, there will also be family activities, live music from Dublin band 'All Star Charge' and refreshments will also be available inside the ground.

Gates open at 2.30pm.

Entrance Locations for Supporters ONLY:

Simmonscourt Road - Gates 'H' and 'J'
    Anglesea Road - Gates' F' and 'G'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I know its hard to tell, but would anyone know what time the team arrive?

I'm assuming they arrive some time this morning and I dare say there will be civic receptions with some big wigs, the lord mayor, mabey even the President.

I'm guessing 3:30 / 4pm when they arrive at the RDS??

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

It's on RTE at 4!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

I'm only able to watch from the rte player online, and the coverage seems terrible.

On the plus side, I've been paid for the first time in two months, so I've finally been able to get the season ticket for next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

NotWormBoy wrote: »
    I'm only able to watch from the rte player online, and the coverage seems terrible.

It was. Seems to be over now anyway, lasted all of 20 mins.

danthefan wrote: »
    It was. Seems to be over now anyway, lasted all of 20 mins.

I was going to head in, but all my mates decided they had to be elsewhere, so I didn't. Kinda glad now.

Though I was also a bit surprised when I got an email this afternoon from Leinster Rugby saying (paraphrased) "Come along all welcome, doors open at 2.30". Time I got the email? Twenty to two. Surely it could have been better organised than this...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

Does anyone know if you can watch the homecoming coverage online anywhere? I know it was live on RTE.ie at the time. Or... does anyone know where to watch a replay of yesterday's match online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

it was pretty good crack the kids loved it a few things like the bouncy castles for the kids and drinkies for the parents provided they did not have to drive damm bloody pepsi for me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Gutted that yet again Leinster travelling fans get shafted. :(

Wasn't able to make it back in time as the round about travelling to random cities lots of people had to make, but missed it, as did the fans who travelled to Quinns and semi tickets were put on sale straight after the match, meaning no Leinster fans had access to getting them...

But I got tickets in the end for that one, and I got to see the trophy being lifted first hand, so I wont complain too much!! :D

Gawd, only Jackass could find something to moan about at a time like this :rolleyes:

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭phog

NotWormBoy wrote: »
    I was going to head in, but all my mates decided they had to be elsewhere, so I didn't. Kinda glad now.

Though I was also a bit surprised when I got an email this afternoon from Leinster Rugby saying (paraphrased) "Come along all welcome, doors open at 2.30". Time I got the email? Twenty to two. Surely it could have been better organised than this...

Dont use that as an excuse, the homecoming was fairly well publicised, I read it about here and on RTE teletext and it was probably over on LF.com.
    [Jackass] wrote: »

Wasn't able to make it back in time as the round about travelling to random cities lots of people had to make, but missed it, as did the fans who travelled to Quinns and semi tickets were put on sale straight after the match, meaning no Leinster fans had access to getting them...

But I got tickets in the end for that one, and I got to see the trophy being lifted first hand, so I wont complain too much!! :D

Gawd, only Jackass could find something to moan about at a time like this :rolleyes:

That's part of the problem when you travel, unless you do the day trip you miss out on the home comings :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

[Jackass] wrote: »

Just back in the country now myself and a bit annoyed i missed this...i suppose the players have places to be going to (lions, north america, holidays etc).
    oh well...at least there was one!

• Advertisement

phog wrote: »
    Dont use that as an excuse, the homecoming was fairly well publicised, I read it about here and on RTE teletext and it was probably over on LF.com.

I'm not using it as an excuse. My reason for not going was that the guys that I'd been going to the games all season with were otherwise engaged, and I didn't really want to go on my own, to be honest.

I'm just saying, and I think its reasonable to say so, that as an official channel for Leinster Rugby, the email was a bit late in going out. I knew about it beforehand, since as you say, it was publicised elsewhere. But I'm sure there were those that didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,405 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Missed it :(

I arrived in via Manchester at 9.40pm (mind you, we were due in around 10:30, so serious kudos to our Aer Lingus flight crew!).

Advertisement