Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for the name of a pub

Options
  • 23-05-2009 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Was in it last year and enjoyed the craic there.

I don't know the street names, but it is by a bridge and on the other side of the bridge is Xtravision, so walking from the townside, you pass Xtravision, cross the bridge, and the pub is the first one on the left hand side.

Also could anyone give a few pointers to somewhere nice to stay in the town centre or close by. A decent hotel that is within walking distance of pubs/clubs/shopping etc and with secure parking.

Finally is there any decent shopping centres in the area? Maybe for music and clothes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Kess73 wrote: »
    Was in it last year and enjoyed the craic there.

I don't know the street names, but it is by a bridge and on the other side of the bridge is Xtravision, so walking from the townside, you pass Xtravision, cross the bridge, and the pub is the first one on the left hand side.

Matt the Millers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

ztoical wrote: »
    Matt the Millers.

Damn that was fast. Kudos for that. :D

Is it normally a decent pub or did I just catch it on a good day?

It was midweek about a year ago when I was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭shu

I stayed in the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel a few months ago. Is just a couple of minutes walk from the castle, really close to shops and pubs etc. Lovely hotel, great food and free parking in car park beside the hotel. Def recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Kess73 wrote: »
    Damn that was fast. Kudos for that. :D

Is it normally a decent pub or did I just catch it on a good day?

It was midweek about a year ago when I was there.

the most popular night to go to Matts is prob a monday night because of the band that plays there. I've never been there on any other night myself though so couldn't say other than the monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

shu wrote: »
    I stayed in the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel a few months ago. Is just a couple of minutes walk from the castle, really close to shops and pubs etc. Lovely hotel, great food and free parking in car park beside the hotel. Def recommend it!
    the most popular night to go to Matts is prob a monday night because of the band that plays there. I've never been there on any other night myself though so couldn't say other than the monday.

Cheers for those answers. Will check out that hotel for prices etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement