If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WE ARE MAD......Save €500 on a top end Philips 32" LCD TV

Options
  • 23-05-2009 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

I blame it on the heat....

We have a handfull of top end TV's remaining that I want to sell you for a silly low low price

How do these feature sound?
    32" FULL HD TV
    Pixel Perfect HD Processing
    100Hz Clear LCD
    2ms respones Time
    Ambilight
    55000:1 contrast ratio
    4x HDMI, 2x SCART, 1x each VGA, Ethernet port & USB inputs, componet ins etc etc.

Want to know more on the 32PFL9613H? click here..
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl9613h_10/32pfl9613h_10_pss_eng.pdf

This is normally €1199.99
    But I'm selling the last of my stock for €699.99
    (This is not mistake or a typo!)

The only catch is as these are going VERY fast its strictly in instore promotion only.
    I'd say they'll all be gone early next week.

So if you want one best get on down to the shop

We are open 1 to 5 pm tomorrow and 10 - 6 Monday

Cheers
    Ash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Hi Ash, have u got any deals on 37 or 40 inch lcd screens, please? Had a look @ richersounds, tey got few stocks @ reasonable price. Thought to knw abt ur deals b4 hand. 32 inch a bit small 4 my room. please reply. cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Peaceboi

I'm waiting on the new range of 37" TV's to arrive in - I should see 'em over the next few weeks.

This TV, the 37PFL8404H is looking VERY interesting. We will be selling it at €1099.99 (dont forget to take the 10% Boardies discount off that)
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/37pfl8404h_12/37pfl8404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 15 loughan

Ash,

Any left?
    Any chance of they will be opened to boardies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Monkee101

hi ash -
    what is the warranty on this tv?
    are you offering the boardies discount on this new price?

loughan wrote: »
    Ash,

Any left?
    Any chance of they will be opened to boardies?

Hey Loughan,

I have 2 of these coming in tomorrow to our store fresh from Philips.

You can give me a call in store on 474 0788 or PM you details and I can contact you if you're interested in taking one.

Tempting aren't they?:D

Nicola.

• Advertisement

Monkee101 wrote: »
    hi ash -
    what is the warranty on this tv?
    are you offering the boardies discount on this new price?

Hey Monkee,

Not sure which TV you are referring to. If its the 37PFL8404 then yes we have them in stock and yes the wonderful 10% to boards members shakes €110 off the instore price of €1099.

If it is the 32PFL9613H @ €699.99 then I will have 2 coming in tomorrow brand new. The Boards discount does not apply to these as we've already knocked a huge €500 off.

Please let me know if you are interested in either.

Thanks a mil,

Nicola.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭harolds57

Didn’t see this post till today but very strange that Nicola said yesterday that she will have 2 x 32PFL9613H TV's coming in tomorrow brand new. I was in there this morning and told they had 5 in the store room and 2 on display (which are power on for last while). Went back this afternoon a few hours later to buy one and told that there after selling all 5 but low and behold Nicola had two coming in next week, would I like to order one, or they would sell me the powered on display models but still at the same price. Don’t believe for one second that they sold 5 of them today , don’t believe that they even had 5 in stock or Nicola wouldn’t be postings yesterday that she has two on order. So why don’t you just tell us that you’re not carrying a huge stock and will order the TV’s as required, rather than dragging us back in with our cars to find out you never had them in stock anyway. Am sorry to say it will be my first and last time trying to shop at the Philips store, even though the staff seems very pleasant.
    :(

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Harolds,

I will look into this for you tomorrow - my stock still shows that we have stock available in-store brand new boxed (we had a small delivery of these today) and I have a few more due in on Wednesday - we are selling quite a few of these every day (as its a silly offer) and as the boardies here will tell you we have no interest getting Customers in-store unless we actually have the kit in stock.

If you would like to drop me an email with your contact number I will sort it out for you tomorrow and get the TV delivered free of charge to save you any further hassle?

Apologies again and I'll post what actually happened the stock info when you were in here over the weekend for boardie info.

Best regards,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭harolds57

Hi John and thanks for getting back. Not sure what went on yesterday with stock as the guy i was speaking to yesterday morning was pretty sure you had 5 in stock. Anyway no hard feelings , fired that post off when i came home after been in your shop and the steam was still probably coming from my ears.
    Went out and purasched a Panasonic TX-P37X10L Plasam from a fellow competitor last night, but your offer to sort it out is appreciated and nice to see your speeded response and willness to help the customer, cant be said for a lot of shops out there.
    Will make that first purchase in your shop yet, might not be another tv just yet but now after making the jump from crt will have to update my cables :rolleyes:

Thanks Again for your willness to help.

Hi harolds57,

Nicola here from the Philips shop with apologies from all of us in here!!

Unfortunately this is such a mega offer we are having a hard time keeping this stock in store!
    We did recieve new stock yesterday and sold it before the day was out. And of the two coming in on Tuesday we have one left available so we will have to up the quantity on that order on Tuesday morning. However you should have been given the option of reserving one for yourself when you called the store in the morning and not have had a wasted journey.

Apologies again and I really hope we can rectify this situation with the customer service that we pride ourselves on. So if you do have any queries at all in the future please contact us either on Boards or in store and we will do our very best to help you any way we can.

Thanks a million,

Nicola.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Hi ye

any sign of the 42PFL8404H and any idea on the price?

Hi Hick

Have a look here for the latest info..

subscribed.gifPhilips 8404 Series TV

I should see the 42PFL8404 in end of June/Early July.
    at the risk of repeating myself...if it's anything like the 37PFL8404 it will be a very impressive TV, I'm pretty taken with the 37". I reckon it will give the new 9 series a close run...

cheers
    Ash

Cheers Ash

can't decide if I want to wait or an I happy with the 37", have a 32" with the first ambilight from 2005 currently I measured it with a 43" end to end on the bezel. I assume the only difference between the 8 and 9 series is the LED at this stage.
    also what are the options in terms of bluray homecinema 5.1 wireless rear speakers, is there an update due for the HTS335W?

Hi Hick

Call into the shop and have a look at the 37PFL8404 we have it near a 42" screen so you'll be able to decide for yourself what size will suit - you can stand the same distance that you'll be from your TV at home - you may find the 42" is just a touch to large from your veiwing distance - or not!!

The 9 series TV's wont be LED backlight models (apart from the 9803) but they will have faster respnse times 1ms in most cases, up to 200Hz refresh rates, wireless Net TV, more powerful processing - Perfect Pixel HD and Perfect Natural Motion, 5x HDMI inputs etc etc.

I Checked out the HTS335W (this unit was never released in Ireland) and it looks very similar to the discontinued HTS3357 which has now been replaced by the newer HTS3367
    See spec below..

www.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hts3367_05/hts3367_05_pss_eng.pdf

This unit retails for €299.99

Philips will concerntrating on the stand alone Blu Ray players over the next few months with the new BDP3000, 5000 and 9100 due (BDP3000 due this week see my tread about it)
    There should be a word of Blu-Ray Home Cinema systems in the coming months.

Hope this is of help
    cheers
    Ash

Just re-read your post.
    A 32" Ambi from 2005 thats 43" wide!
    What the model number? sure is a monster!
    The bezel around the screen on the new 37PFL8404H is only 35mm wide to each side of the actual panel, The TV overall width is 89cm wide (35")

Certainly slimmed down eh!

atb
    Ash

twas the top bannana at the time the 32PF9986
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?scy=GB&slg=ENG&cat=FLAT_TV_CA&sct=LCD_LARGE_30_40_SU&grp=TV_GR&session=20090609191723_84.203.49.52&ctn=32PF9986/12&mid=Link_ProductInformation&hlt=Link_ProductInformation
    Just not up to it anymore. as for yer earlier post on home cinema, ta v much but i don't think that has wireless speakers, i may just come in and talk to yis, ta

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.