Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscommon County Council Election

Options
  • 23-05-2009 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

How will election go in various areas of the County? I think Castlerea and Strokestown areas will be very interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rkelly174

Castlerea will be:
    no.1:Ming
    no.2:John Kelly
    no.3:liam Callaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭In my opinion

rkelly174 wrote: »
    Castlerea will be:
    no.1:Ming
    no.2:John Kelly
    no.3:liam Callaghan

Go on fill the other 4 seats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

I have been promised a seat at the bar & a Pint from John Murry at his Pub in exchange for my vote. Judging from the extraordinary increase in barrel stock delivered to the pub last week leaves me with the conclusion that John Murry could be in the running to fill a lot of seats.

shindig-jp wrote: »
    I have been promised a seat at the bar & a Pint from John Murry at his Pub in exchange for my vote. Judging from the extraordinary increase in barrel stock delivered to the pub last week leaves me with the conclusion that John Murry could be in the running to fill a lot of seats.

Yeah I think Murray will regain his seat this time around.

Has his trade picked up a lot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭dennistuam

1. Kelly to top poll with 1300 to 1600 no 1s
    2. Callaghan first of blueshirts (1000)
    3. Ming Next down on last time the novelty has worn off
    4. Creaton
    5. Kilcoyne FF (There is one quota in Ballagh area)
    6. Mcgreal he has large area to himself
    7. Stalingrad between Murray,Pascal and the Shinner
    but there is always a dark horse could it be frain or padraig morris

• Advertisement

the athlone area is one to watch
    a disgruntledd fine failer going independent (where have we heard that before)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rkelly174

I dont know about the reat:P! Maybe Murray Fitzmaurice and McGreal and Creaton (in that order)

rkelly174 wrote: »
    I dont know about the reat:P! Maybe Murray Fitzmaurice and McGreal and Creaton (in that order)

I think Creaton has to be sure of a seat. Loughglynn will elect him only candidate running this year. In 99 Lynn Lynch (Lynn elected) 04 Creaton Lynch (Creaton elected) 85-99 Lynch a councillor.

Is there a FF seat? Can Castlerea really elect 4 people?

dennistuam wrote: »
    1. Kelly to top poll with 1300 to 1600 no 1s
    2. Callaghan first of blueshirts (1000)
    3. Ming Next down on last time the novelty has worn off
    4. Creaton
    5. Kilcoyne FF (There is one quota in Ballagh area)
    6. Mcgreal he has large area to himself
    7. Stalingrad between Murray,Pascal and the Shinner
    but there is always a dark horse could it be frain or padraig morris

Watch Frain he may surprise a lot do not believe kilcoyne is that strong.

in fairness to frain i have heard him on the radio and at the meeting in abbeyfield and he is by far the most articule and intelligent of the canditates in the ballagh area, but my biggest fear is he will get no votes after crenan bridge creaton along with young kilcoyne with uncle pauly connections will sweep up all that area
    as for the mid west predicition for the area pure joke i think the lady predicted 2 seats for ff no chance she is on drugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 MTG Ros

This is the first time i've actually followed the campaign and have no idea who I am going to vote for. I would be in the Roscommon Town and surrounding area. So i made the decision that the first person to ask for my vote would get it. The only thing is NO ONE has come near my house, plus I have not seen any of them around Roscommon. They are all hiding they obviously don't want my vote.

yes folks it kicked off

micheal mulligan signs in ...frenchpark painted with save the queen and up the uda
    ming complains to council about a micheal mcgreal sticker on a council van ,worker suspended for two days
    micheal frain complains to finegeal.ie why he s picture is not included on site only creaton and mcgreal
    padraig morris supporters get in to a sweat outside the mart when micheal mcreal parks his jeep with stickers in front of padraig morris jeep
    john murray sign pulled down in enfield

Watch Sean Beirne loose his seat in Strokestown area. I predict Cox to take a seat here. No tallies yet so its just gut feeling. Can Rachel Doherty hold her seat in Boyle?? FF one seat in the Castlerea area?

Today is the day I love

Yeah I think Murray will regain his seat this time around.

Has his trade picked up a lot?

Oh that was a big mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement