Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin salon that does both hair and makeup

Options
  • 23-05-2009 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

I'm getting married in Feb of next year in the Dublin registry office and I'd like to go to a salon to get both hair and makeup done for me, the bridesmaid and my mum.

So far the only salon that does both that I've found is Brown Sugar but I'd like to shop around a little more first.

Does anyone know of a place in the Dublin city centre that does both hair and makeup?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

I went to Whetstone on South Anne Street to be beautiful for my Hen. And it worked! I can really recommend it. Ask for the director to take care of you. Her name is Love. And she did a wonderful job on both my hair and make up. She suggested we tried false eye lashes as well... first time for me... but what a result! Ok, that was suitbable for a Saturday night Hen in town. You might want something a bit lighter for your wedding! I'm sure Love will come up with the best for you. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mollypop

Brown Sugar is great if you're looking for something special. They do hair and make-up and it's really plush. Expensive but worth it for your special day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭bensoneb

Give Tish Curry at 'Princess Bridal Beauty' a call. Google the company and you can see the examples. She did hair and make-up for my wedding last year and was really lovely to have around as she kept everyone calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hellojed

Thanks everyone for your recommendations, I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I went to Whetstone on South Anne Street to be beautiful for my Hen. And it worked! I can really recommend it. Ask for the director to take care of you. Her name is Love. And she did a wonderful job on both my hair and make up. She suggested we tried false eye lashes as well... first time for me... but what a result! Ok, that was suitbable for a Saturday night Hen in town. You might want something a bit lighter for your wedding! I'm sure Love will come up with the best for you. Cheers!

I know this has been awhile, but I was wondering if Whetstone on South Anne St is still open? I know the main one on Parliament St is still there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    I know this has been awhile, but I was wondering if Whetstone on South Anne St is still open? I know the main one on Parliament St is still there.

No, the one on South Anne Street is closed.

Mrs Fox wrote: »

You will still find Love and Joy in the Parliament street salon.

For the South Ann Street one, hefty overheads and stubborn land lord were mentioned...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

You will still find Love and Joy in the Parliament street salon.

For the South Ann Street one, hefty overheads and stubborn land lord were mentioned...

i used to go whetstone, i was customer for years from they first started on parliament street but on the 3rd appointment double booking/wrong time recorded in the book and rude receptionist - i gave up.

such a shame, joy is a fantastic hairdresser and i loved their make-up.

still havent found a hairdresser as good:(:(:(

Receptionist come and go. Maybe it's time to give them a try another time.

Advertisement