Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes Library missing?

Options
  • 23-05-2009 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

I woke up this morning and tried to put some music on, when I opened itunes it told me I had to pick a library, I thought it was a bit strange but assumed it would be fine. I had only one old option to choose from, which was dated from January. Now the entire library only has like 20 songs and everything else is gone! does anybody know what might have happened?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dumbledore wrote: »
    I woke up this morning and tried to put some music on, when I opened itunes it told me I had to pick a library, I thought it was a bit strange but assumed it would be fine. I had only one old option to choose from, which was dated from January. Now the entire library only has like 20 songs and everything else is gone! does anybody know what might have happened?

Perhaps the xml file which points to the library is borked.

You can re-add the location where your music is stored on your computer.

You on Windows or Mac?

BTW, I don't think iTunes is OS? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Didn't want to start a second iTunes Library thread, might as well keep all the problems in one basket.

I gave my laptop to a mate recently to have it wiped and rebooted.

Before doing so, I backed up 80+Gb of music to my external hard drive, and the most recent iTunes library file too. I've my laptop back now, reinstalled iTunes and I want to load the old library.

I've looked under FILE > LIBRARY and there's nothing there about importing a library, only back-up/export/consolidation options, and an import playlist option. I currently have a blank iTunes, no songs, I want to get the whole lot back in from the E: drive without any major headaches ie. without losing playlists, artwork, et cetera. I have LIB files and XML files backed up, can someone point me in the right direction? Any help at all is much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Anyone able to help with this query above? I'm operating Windows XP if its any help. Thanks.

Advertisement