Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a singer

Options
  • 22-05-2009 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am a songwriter living in Louth and I am looking to find a male singer for some songs I have written. I can sing myself but my voice isn't 'rangy' enough for the stuff I have written.
    The type I write is a wide mix. Its ranges from Ben Harper and Jack Johnson to Eddie Vedder and Billy Corgan to Seasick Steve and Bill Withers. Now, to say it sounds as good as any of their stuff is open for debate but we can only write what comes from within right?

I am looking for someone between 25-30, male who is able to play guitar to a reasonable level. Your influences don't concern me so long as love to play.

I want to record around 10-15 songs and then see what happens. I am not interested in touring or seeking a record deal or anything I just want to record these songs to have when I am older and want to show the kids that their was 'cool' once.

Would love to hear from you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭dan759

A list of my favorite singers, and yet.. i cant play guitar :(

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Heres something for ya....

Im a Pro singer, guitar player, synth player in one of the busiest cover acts in ireland and this is my place www.westlakelodgestudios.com any use to ya?

Have a think and PM me, and give me a link to your tracks.... im always up for fun stuff, with no pressure attached with management & record companies :)

Cheers

Ed

P.S. just over 30 :( ha

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bush Baby

I'm over 30 but I do play guitar, sing, am a songwriter (IMRO registered) and I live in Louth. As well as that, I have my own home recording set up. I'd be glad to help out if you are still looking for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭The Munky

Hey Bush Baby,

my folks live out near the Bush School, are you near there? Yeah I would to arrange to sit down with you and jam out a few tunes. What would be the easiest way to get a sample few over to you?

Advertisement