Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invoice from register365

Options
  • 22-05-2009 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

About a year ago I purchased a .com domain from register365, I didn't begin using it until about six months ago, at this time I transfered the domain to letshost because they were cheaper for their hosting and I wanted only one company to deal with in terms of payment.

My problem is, register365 are now sending me out a reminder that my current domain, which i have already switched to letshost, is about to expire and have also sent me an invoice to pay for another year.

At the same time, letshost recognises that I have transfered my domain to them and it even says my renewal date for this domain is in 2010.

Im just wondering what to do. Do i ignore register365 as I dont have anymore dealings with them, or do I get in touch with them and state my case to them. Or is there something I am not doing right?

any help with this query would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Simply ignore the register365 invoice , hosting companies don't know if you have transferred the domain away unless informed so automatically invoice you at the domain renewal date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Provider specific discussion is not permitted on the Web Development forum.

This is probably better suited to Consumer Issues anyway, so I'm moving it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I would probably contact the billing department at register365 (have all documentation to hand) and explain the situation. You really don't want this escalating into something more serious.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dudara wrote: »
    I would probably contact the billing department at register365 (have all documentation to hand) and explain the situation. You really don't want this escalating into something more serious.

Agreed, ignoring things is not the best option
    Simple call them get them to update their records or perhaps ask them to delete all your info

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭clive_odonohoe

Thanks aidan for moving this...

Thanks guys, I think I will contact them on monday and get them to remove my information from their system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Just to double check, run a whois on your domain (http://who.is), and make sure the expiration date is what you think it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

... and the registrar is who you think it should be...

(ie: often transfers dont complete)

Advertisement