Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I pay for rent?

Options
  • 22-05-2009 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,

Starting to look for room for sept in castletroy but I'm not really sure how much rent I should fork out?

I'm seeing anything from 60 per week to 75 per week. Was oncampus last year but can't afford the campus accommodation and I'd like to stay close to college so somewhere like College Court would be ideal.

I've been in some of the houses and they seem fine but I'm not sure what average rent was last year n stuff.

Don't want to get fleeced but dont want to miss out on decent house cos of stingyness either...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

anything under 85/90euro id say as long as its a double room with ensuite and a nice house with all the mod cons

for a single room with no ensuite and a fairly crappy condition house i wouldnt pay more than 65

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MrExcitement

Don't think there are too many ensuites in college court. So id hope to get like a doublebed and just work with shared bathroom.

85/90??? woah....that seems a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Don't think there are too many ensuites in college court. So id hope to get like a doublebed and just work with shared bathroom.

85/90??? woah....that seems a lot

ye im just saying the absolute max id be willing to spend if everything was perfect, considering troy is absolutely class and costs 90/95 for a house 90 should be the absolute top end

im sure you could find a double bed in college court for less than 80euro

if you email the accomodation office they will send you the list of available houses off campus and most of them have the rent rates beside them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Hey MrExcitement,

I'm living in CC at the moment, and the ensuite in my house is €65pw..all other rooms are €60pw..

Sorry for advertising here now, but I'm actually looking for a housemate for September, as long as its for a full year, if you are interested in looking at the house, PM please.

You'd be living with postgrads, a 4th year and a musician at the least.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Mossin wrote: »

Way to make us feel old! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

The most you'd pay for the majority of houses in College Court is 75 MAX, if you pay anything more than you've really gotta get your head checked. We got a house in CC for the summer last week for 30 a week, inc ensuite/Broadband and Chorus basic. Its 65 from September then, and this is one of the newer houses around the green with all mod cons etc.

It depends on how lazy you are really on where you want to live, Milford/Oaklawns are also good estates with average rent prices. I just moved outta Oaklawns there last week, paid 60 a week for a grand house with heating etc.. And it was only on average 7-10min walk from most places around campus.

The 85-90 guesstimate above is madly off the mark for College Court pricing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Peteee wrote: »
    Way to make us feel old! :pac:
    just you...grandad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

I personnally like to trade in Bananas:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Mossin wrote: »
    Hey MrExcitement,

I'm living in CC at the moment, and the ensuite in my house is €65pw..all other rooms are €60pw..

Sorry for advertising here now, but I'm actually looking for a housemate for September, as long as its for a full year, if you are interested in looking at the house, PM please.

Seen as I'm moving in, any chance I can pay in my prefered currency!!:D:D

And I'm not old.... I'm in my Prime!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chica!

Hey.... do yeh no wen ye guys are talkin bou College Court.... r ye talkin about the College Court Student Village?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

chica! wrote: »
    Hey.... do yeh no wen ye guys are talkin bou College Court.... r ye talkin about the College Court Student Village?

Do you mean Courtyard Student Village? College Court is the estate across the road from the Castletroy Park Hotel. It's not a student village it has some non student people living in it too. Courtyard is down near the Groody Bar.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

chica! wrote: »

As Rmacm said, and please try and use english next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

hello all does anyone know what the overall cost for groody is for the year? and is it likely to be filled up by now. The clever genuieses that they are have no price on their website and didn't reply to me yet :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 seesaw

Dan133269 wrote: »
    hello all does anyone know what the overall cost for groody is for the year? and is it likely to be filled up by now. The clever genuieses that they are have no price on their website and didn't reply to me yet :rolleyes:

Sounds like a great place if they haven't even managed to get back to you yet!! Don't know how much it is for the year though, depends what room you get I think and dunno if they've changed their prices, Brookfield haven't anyway so I'm heading back there in September....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

seesaw wrote: »
    Sounds like a great place if they haven't even managed to get back to you yet!! Don't know how much it is for the year though, depends what room you get I think and dunno if they've changed their prices, Brookfield haven't anyway so I'm heading back there in September....

they got back to me the day after i posted that. Although I'm still baffed at having a website without displaying prices. 3 bed is 80 euro a week plus 500 for electricity and other bills. Seems pretty good as that includes broadband, telly connection and washer and dryer. Living somewhere on campus or brookfield without having a washer or dryer would cost you bout 10euro a week on washing alone which all adds up.

Advertisement