Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telescope question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,803 ✭✭✭squonk

My 2c is that it's only Ok. I've only taken a quick look at it mind and I've never owned one of these myself but my initial impression is that you're not going to get to see a lot except for fairly bight objects becuase it's not overly large (apperture is 4.5") and the bigger you have an apperturem, the better. The other thing I noticed was that the largest eyepiece that came with it was a 20mm which is quite small. You'd definitely need touse the finder scope there. If it was a 26mm one it'd be better I think. Youd' have more of a field of view for zeroing in on objects. I'm tempted to say only go for this if you're on a budget and really want to have something to play with while you're getting into astronomy. You could get something like a Meade ETX for a few hundered which might be a bit nicer, but if you're on a budget that mightn't be of use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

nice one for the reply squonk. sound , I reckon I'll give this a miss so.

Fionn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 woodsideplumber

how bad for 100euro. i paid that much for a filter for my telescope

Advertisement