Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuy Tourney: No rebuy?!?

Options
  • 22-05-2009 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Don't know where else to post this so I'll post it here.

I was playing a rebuy tourney today, and it got to heads up still in the rebuy stages. I donked away my stack and straight away the tournament was closed and winner was announced, I never got a chance or an option to rebuy. I've played a few other rebuy tournies on the client and everything worked grand...

I contacted the client immeadiately and they kept coming back saying it was a drop in connection between the ISP and their client. BS. I was multitabling at the time and the other table nor the client was affected. Possibly 3-4 emails back and forth with the client in the mean time, and they are adamant there wasn't any software crashes and that it was a problem with the connections etc. Obviously a standard answer for most issues in support of a poker client.

Anywho, thinking back over the problem I had an idea what it was. Tested it out again, and sure enough same thing happened again. So I found an obvious bug in the poker client, judging by the snotty and reptitive responses I've been getting I don't particularily want to give out this valuable information until they at least admit that it was an error on their end and not mine.

Im probably just being stubborn... I'm not looking for compensation, but there was a good overlay on offer with the lack of rebuys. Whats my next move? Say nothing and find something better to do with my time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

what software?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

I'll lay big odds it was ipoker;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

newbie2 wrote: »

Give me a price and you have a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

newbie2 wrote: »

it all fits apart from the "overlay"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

I'd be looking for compensation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Give me a price and you have a customer.

No way it's ipoker getting to heads up within a rebuy condition.

Almost certainly DevilSpewtardMoneyLaunderingSite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Grafter wrote: »
    No way it's ipoker getting to heads up within a rebuy condition.

That's why I was looking for a price.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

its not ipoker. Its the B2B/24hNetwork... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

lol boss has like a thousnad annoying bugs all over their software. They know about them all but for some reason they wont fix anything. If I was you I would be looking for compensation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

"The tournament ends when one player has won all the chips in play."

Why should the fact that its a rebuy override the above standard rule?

I'm not saying the network is correct, just if I was the programmer here I'd be vigourously defending myself from accusations of buggy code

• Advertisement
Advertisement