Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to send pic msgs on Iphone(mms)??

Options
  • 22-05-2009 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

I got a new iphone 3g 16gb this week and i have just noticed that you cant send pic msgs. (BIG DISAPOINTMENT).

I decided to google it and there is a way to do it. from what i can understand you can send it via email to the recipients mobile operators email and it shows up as an mms message on the recipients phone. (eg if the recipient is joe bloggs and his number is 0879999999 and he is with 02 the it could be 0879999999@o2.ie)

Now I have tried this and i cant understand it as im not sure if the recipient has to have a operators email set up such as "joe.bloggs@02.ie" etc.

Can anyone shed some light on the situation and roundabout ways people have done this.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hartyk87 wrote: »
    I got a new iphone 3g 16gb this week and i have just noticed that you cant send pic msgs. (BIG DISAPOINTMENT).

Ah come on. Did you not do any bit of research before you purchased the phone? It's been out almost 2 years now and the lack of MMS is a well known fact.
    Hartyk87 wrote: »
    I decided to google it and there is a way to do it. from what i can understand you can send it via email to the recipients mobile operators email and it shows up as an mms message on the recipients phone. (eg if the recipient is joe bloggs and his number is 0879999999 and he is with 02 the it could be 0879999999@o2.ie)

Now I have tried this and i cant understand it as im not sure if the recipient has to have a operators email set up such as "joe.bloggs@02.ie" etc.

Can anyone shed some light on the situation and roundabout ways people have done this.

I suspect what you have there are instructions for US carrier's phones. As far as I know, this is not possible to do with Irish/European carriers.

Either way, you have two options if you want MMS that bad.

1: Wait until the software upgrade comes out in June. It will provide MMS functionality for your 3G iPhone

2: Jailbreak your phone and install SwirlyMMS.

Option 1 is probably the safest bet for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Well not sure about all networks but the one for Meteor is 35385xxxxxxx@mms.mymeteor.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    1: Wait until the software upgrade comes out in June. It will provide MMS functionality for your 3G iPhone

Any idea on an official date yet? Its getting close to June so is there any date mentioned yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

cpu-dude wrote: »
    Well not sure about all networks but the one for Meteor is 35385xxxxxxx@mms.mymeteor.ie

Well, what do you know? Just tried it there and it worked.

Not that I doubted you...:)
    Quazzie wrote: »
    Any idea on an official date yet? Its getting close to June so is there any date mentioned yet?

No idea. The Apple Developers Conference runs from the 8-12th of June, so it will be formally announced then. I would imagine the software itself will be available fairly soon afterwards. Not so sure about when the new phone will be released, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Quazzie wrote: »

More than likely the 8th, at WWDC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement