Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How about volunteering for Cat Laughs Festival?

Options
  • 21-05-2009 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

The Cat Laughs Festival is on May 28 to June 1 this year. Those of you who have been in the city before will know it's a mad, crazy and fun weekend.

Some of the acts on the bill this year include Dermot Whelan, Des Bishop, Ross Noble, Jason Byrne, PJ Gallagher, Maeve Higgins, Neil Delamere, Otis Lee Crenshaw, Rich Hall, Jimeoin, Ricky Grover, Andrew Lawrence, Andrew Maxwell, Barry Murphy... well you get the idea. The full list and programme is over on their website - http://carlsbergcatlaughs.com

Anyhoo, it's not the festival I'm pimping promoting here, it's the opportunity to volunteer with them.

I did it last year - it was tremendous fun and a good bit of craic - that';s why they asked if I could tell you about it!

I met the comedians, I met some really cool people (that I'm still in touch with) and got to see a good few shows, all for showing people to their seats, getting the place ready and clearing it after it was done.

Yes, it's manual work, no, it's not uber glamorous but it's worthwhile for something that brings as much money to Kilkenny as the Festival does and I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it lots. Blog post here.

They're looking for volunteers again this year and would love to get some Boards.ie members aboard. As well as the cool and funky t-shirt and lanyard, you get show passes, festival club passes and drinks vouchers. Well, we did last year...

All you gotta do is click here or email volunteers@carlsbergcatlaughs.com for more info. The volunteer manager is Deirdre. Tell her Boards.ie sent you.

It's over 18s only and if you can complete an application before COB Wed 27th you're in with a good chance :)

Be really interested in knowing if you've done it before and what you think of it!

Cheers for your time and patience. Enjoy the festival if you're going!

Darragh

(Apologies for duplicate post from City Forum by the way - just want to make sure I get everyone. Yes I asked the CMods ;))

Advertisement