Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod Touch & "Greatest Hits" Albums....

Options
  • 21-05-2009 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭

I bought the new Ipod Touch recently and I'm having trouble sorting the 'Greatest Hits' and 'Singles' albums on it. For instance, if I play Neil Young Greatest Hits on the Ipod, and I select the track listing, it will display all of the other songs from all of my other greatest hits albums from other artists. The same thing happens with 'Singles' albums. I always browse by artist btw.

I have included the album artist details in the 'Get Info' tab, and I have also deselected the compilations option. Any ideas how how to fix this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

I just name them Greatest Hits (Neil Young). Sorts the problem out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

I thought about that, but I don't want to have really long titles as I'll be connecting it to my car stereo soon, and the text would be "Neil Young, Neil Young - Greatest Hits", which doesn't look right and is a bit long tbh.

I'm sure other people have this problem, is it just a glitch with the new Touch?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I'm sure other people have this problem, is it just a glitch with the new Touch?

Nope, I've the same problem.

I think it is more an iTunes thing than a hardware thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Nope, I've the same problem.

I think it is more an iTunes thing than a hardware thing.

Yup - I had this problem with my Ipod classic too.

I just name the album differently. As said above name it "Neil Young - Greatest Hits" . It's better to have long names on the touch then to not be able to find things or have a giant album of greatest hits.

I'm pretty anal about how I lable things in iTunes anyway though. It all has to be perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

watna wrote: »
    I just name the album differently. As said above name it "Neil Young - Greatest Hits" . It's better to have long names on the touch then to not be able to find things or have a giant album of greatest hits.

I'm pretty anal about how I lable things in iTunes anyway though. It all has to be perfect!

Yeah, I agree, but I was hoping that someone might actually be able to sort it without changing the album name. I suppose one option is to name the album "Greatest Hits ", and then leave two blank spaces for the next greatest hits etc. but it's not ideal obviously.

• Advertisement
Advertisement