Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sabayon linux dual boot With existing XP

Options
  • 21-05-2009 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

Attempting to have a dual boot system with XP (already installed) and Sabayon. Current setup has 1 physical drive partitioned into an OS partition and a media disk. I have previously managed to Dual boot Ubuntu but am getting stuck at the partitioning stage with Sabayon. I dont want to loose my OS or my media. Is this possible or do i need to create a third partition for Sabayon?

Cheers,
    M5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ya i did this with vista, had to make a seperate partition for sabayon
    had to make the partition from inside vista, when i tried after booting sabayon4.0 and using partioning tool it failed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

BOBBY wrote: »
    ya i did this with vista, had to make a seperate partition for sabayon
    had to make the partition from inside vista, when i tried after booting sabayon4.0 and using partioning tool it failed

I was hoping that there was some way to install inside xp and avoid the partitioning. Has anyone managed to do that? If not i'll be repartitioning over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

M5 wrote: »
    I was hoping that there was some way to install inside xp and avoid the partitioning. Has anyone managed to do that? If not i'll be repartitioning over the weekend
    no, its not like ubuntu, it doesnt have that feature
    partioning is simple anyway will only take 20 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

BOBBY wrote: »
    no, its not like ubuntu, it doesnt have that feature
    partioning is simple anyway will only take 20 seconds

PArtitioned today and installed no hassle, will have a look at sabyon to see what i think, thx for the advice

Advertisement