Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Navan rail route confirmed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

motorised wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0521/breaking64.htm

Sounds like a good development. Heres hoping it goes ahead now. Ideally it would be electric but its better than nothing at all!!

Option A makes the most sense. Some of the other "zig zag" options would have been very inefficient.

I drove past some of the works taking place on the Phase 1 section to Pace. Mainly work on bridges. Does anyone know if this section will be double track. Originally, the line was double track as far as Drumree (closest station to Dunshaughlin).

It would make sense to electrify the Pace section of the Maynooth line is being done (even if Phase 2 is not). I presume that Pace will continue to be a busy P&R even if the line continues to Navan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Celtic Warrior

BrianD wrote: »
    Option A makes the most sense. Some of the other "zig zag" options would have been very inefficient.

I drove past some of the works taking place on the Phase 1 section to Pace. Mainly work on bridges. Does anyone know if this section will be double track. Originally, the line was double track as far as Drumree (closest station to Dunshaughlin).

It would make sense to electrify the Pace section of the Maynooth line is being done (even if Phase 2 is not). I presume that Pace will continue to be a busy P&R even if the line continues to Navan.

The line will be double tracked and provisions are to be made for the electricification of the line at a later stadium (but with the current economic downturn who knows if it will ever happen)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I wonder if this will still be planned after the ballot boxes are closed at the end of the week....?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

I wonder if this will still be planned after the ballot boxes are closed at the end of the week....?

Well FF are very pro-car so now that everyone has voted for other parties, Navan Phase 2 is actually more, not less, likely now.

Advertisement