Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

donkeys tied to gates of castlerea dump

Options
  • 21-05-2009 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

what will happen to the poor donkeys that were found chained to the gates of the dump
    will they be put down

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I assume they will have been handed over to the ISPCA, depending on their physical state as assesment will be made as to whether or not they will be put down. Sadly this is only the beginning of such activities.

Donkeys made a large come back in the last seven or so years with a lot of people getting into keeping them and some were trading for a decent sum of money. This is all changing due to people not having the cash they once had to feed the animals and sadly there will be an upsurge in the amount of Donkeys and Horses being abandoned around the area/ country.

I remember back in the 80's the Donkeys "vanishing"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭dennistuam

i was talking to the dump man called anto and he told me a woman from glenamaddy area took them to her farm ,but anto told me that there has been a few strays like dogs and donkeys dumped around the gates

Advertisement