Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sata + IDE adaptor

Options
  • 21-05-2009 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a sata and IDE adaptor for reading both types of drivers. Can anyone recommend a source for one that they are happy with. I'd rather it connect to a pc through USB but it doesn't have to.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

MAplins have adaptors one end usb other end ide and sata 40 euro approx.READ the manual be4 you do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

thanks for that. I'm hoping to get one over the internet and save a journey.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

http://www.usbnow.co.uk/Adapters_&_C...duct_info.html got one of these
    3 weeks ago credit card bill to day cost 30 euro del its the job

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

Along the same lines, anyone know where you could get an ext 2.5" enclosure that would do both IDE and SATA in the same unit ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

you could get a usb 2 sata,ide and make your own unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

i have ordered one now. Last one did me for 2 years and thenn gave up. Thanks guys.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

dealextreme.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Avoid Maplins.. price is 45 euro and up, the model they have is fairly buggy too. Sadly, I bought it.

This is it:

b3f0a179cc184db4bbe7e13.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9798

sku_9798_6.jpg

Does me mightily.

$18, free shipping (though youll have to wait 2-3 weeks)

Advertisement