Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocket Kings - Know anything about them (as in - to work for etc.)

Options
  • 21-05-2009 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Pocket Kings

Does anybody know anything about them, work-wise? They have a permanent position advertised (tagline is - "Do you know how to spot a poker cheat?")

I've heard a few people on the poker forum work (ed) there and am hoping some can let their thoughts be known about work hours, enviroment etc.

A good friend of mine had recently lost his job and is considering applying for this.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

pm bohsman or oneillcat for the HU on this... they started there pretty recently I think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

I applied to work there last year

They are slow to get through the recruitment process. Then after a month or so i got a call back for a 5 hour interview. A month after the interview i was told the positions had been pulled.

Bit of a pain because i really liked that job that was on offer.

Cant win em all.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Friend of mine works there. He keeps sending me job specs asking if I know anyone suitable... Seems like they're the only place in the country that's hiring at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Ive heard nothing but good things about working for them, i for one should be sending in a CV but i dont like the idea of a 5 hour interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Great place to work, if you're good at what you do.

Brief place to work if you're not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

3DataModem wrote: »
    Great place to work, if you're good at what you do.

Brief place to work if you're not.
    The turnover in the customer service department must be astronomical so, considering they're probably the worst in the industry and the reason many serious players have moved to stars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

Their customer service is the worst online.

My friend, who has a wealth of experience in the poker industry, applied for job with them about 3 months ago, they set up an interview, which wasn't 5 hours, but he was waiting 2 hours there for someone to interview, turned out in the end that the receptionist had to interview him. He done a poker test which he got %100 correct, he failed to hear from them for 2 weeks and emailed them and was told he would hear tomorrow, that never happened, 10 days went by and he emailed again and was told they would be making a decision at the end of the week. Another 7 days passed and nothing he then emailed a 3rd time and they replied saying he wasn't suitable. Seems like their attitude to customer service runs throughout the company. Steer well clear of them, I think if you are clueless with regards to poker you might have a better chance :pac:

Advertisement