Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to surf this weekend 22/05/09

Options
  • 20-05-2009 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Im off to the west for a mini marathon in the Burren on Saturday morning. I should be finished that by eleven or so and would love to get out for a splash about somewhere relatively near there. I actually dont care how far it I have to travel if I can get a decent surf in.

Is anywhere going to be decent this weekend and at what time ie. low tide or high tide? Morning or evening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Burren is close to Lahinch, as far as I know. But I don't know anything about surfing, only that it hurts :o

• Registered Users Posts: 45 heinze

im actually doing the mini marathon down there too in ballyvaughan this wknd.:rolleyes: the closest surf from there would be in fanore (15/20mins drive out the coast road) or lahinch (30mins), not sure what the surf is going to be like though, check the lahinch surf shop website for the latest news on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Saturnalia

I know well about lahinch and fanore but I want to know if its going to be any good this weekend. Magicseaweed doesnt bode well for the area this weekend. I was wondering if there is anywhere else within driving distance. Or even better , within easy bussing distance.

Thats a question. Anyone know if there is a bus from Ballyvaughan to Lahinch or Doolin.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

According to the 'seaweed Bundoran/strandhill would be the best this weekend, but that doesn't really help you!

I'd say chance Lahinch or Spanish Point.

Advertisement