Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spoiler*** Strikeforce challengers series

Options
  • 20-05-2009 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

new event by strike force to highlight up and comers

one of the highlights from the 1st show, dont blink :D
    full event well worth tracking down ^ as there where some good fights. Next one is june 19 info here and results

Edit the ladies on this stole the show @ this , one of the best ive seen broadcast on a big mma name event video added

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I wish we can get Strikeforce shows over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Got this the other day, might watch it tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Didnt want to start another thread, there was another event on friday [june 19]

Very entertaining card as always from a strike force event, biggest surprise was the fact they finally let the ladies go 3x5min at long last , which will also be the case for future womens fights on strikeforce i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

calex71 wrote: »
    Very entertaining card as always from a strike force event, biggest surprise was the fact they finally let the ladies go 3x5min at long last , which will also be the case for future womens fights on strikeforce i believe

They gave the women about two weeks notice for it though. I agree that they should get the same rounds as the men, but not with such a big or sudden step. Carano and Cyborg are going from 9 minute fights to a 25 minute fight, which will completely change their strategies and training

I'm liking the look of Beerbohm. I'd like to see more of him. I read an interview with him where he said that his manager called the finishing move to him before the fight and he went out and did it

9 to 25 minutes is a massive step up for them alright, I hadn't remembered they would be going 5 rounds.

The 2 girls didn't seem to do badly at all over the 3x5 though, even with the 2 weeks notice so they have obviously either been training that any way or in very good shape.

Agreed on Beerbohm , looked good he did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

It bugs me that Shayna spent the last 2 rounds trying to stikr with Kauffmann

dunkamania wrote: »
    It bugs me that Shayna spent the last 2 minutes trying to stikr with Kauffmann

I thought Josh Barnett said it all near the end with about 10 seconds to go "I you're gonna ****ing do something do it now" :D

He looked 'animated' to say the least, you could clearly see his frustration with her and was as puzzled as we both were that she stood and engaged in the striking game with Kauffmann :confused:

Edit: Thanks for adding the spoiler to the thread MODS, post was too old to edit the title myself, and it slipped my mind to PM you about it

Just an FYI for anyone interested in tracking it down for a look, Strikeforce held a 3rd challenger series event over the weekend,

I havent watched it myself yet but plan to later as the last 2 where pretty good, K1 and Sengoku also held events last week so this should keep me busy for a while :D
    FIGHT CARD
    Matchups:
    Tim Kennedy vs. Zak Cummings
    Tyron Woodley vs. Zach Light
    Ray Sefo vs. Kevin Jordan
    Daniel Cormier vs. Gary Frazier
    Travis Calanoc vs. Thomas Longacrevs
    Lacey Schuckman vs. Jeri Sitzes
    Paul Bradley vs. Levi Avera
    Brandon Gaines vs. Trey Houston
    John Carson vs. Kenny Giddens
    Nick Gibbons vs. Josh Pulsifer