Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mysterious writing?

Options
  • 20-05-2009 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi all,
    quick question,
    Has anyone ever heard of writing mysteriously appearing on a persons body?

Now apologies to those of you who will think the below to be silly, but..

About 15 yrs ago, I woke up one day and while I was getting ready to have a shower, I noticed in the bathroom mirror what I can only describe as a heap of writing right behind my ear. It stretched down onto my neck.
    Yes, sounds stupid, I know, but I cannot think of any explanation for it. There were no other people in the house who could have done it, also I do not sleepwalk (as far as I know!), I wasn't on drugs and I had not been drinking/partying the night before.

In a panic, I washed it all off, without reading what it said (- something I later regretted).
    Anyway, it has always played on my mind and I was just wondering if anyone has ever had anything similar happen to them. It has never happened to me since.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Nope never mate.
    How ever, it is more thank likely some form of sleep walking. Did you sleep soundly that night or was is troubled prior to your discovery?

OR

Was it a dream you had?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

thanks for the reply.

I can tell you for sure it definitely wasn't a dream.

I can't remember if I had disturbed sleep or not the night before - it was too long ago.

I suppose sleepwalking is the only plausible explanation, though as far as I can say, I have never done that -- but then I suppose how does one know if they are a sleepwalker?

Exactly :D

How ever, I am sure there are less cynical people than I with more superstitious answers. But honestly, it may be best you don't hear them or you may have troubled sleep :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'll I'd say is to try recreat it by writing where it was ... doesnt sound too easy. Did you actually make out any words? Was it mirror image? What was it written in i.e. ink? What colour? Did it wash off easy?

I've heard of words and symbols appearing (scratched) on bodies but not written in pen/marker.

Could it have been a practical joke? I once wrote "cock" on a sleeping friends forehead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭magenta73

I'm living in my house for the past 16 years and when we moved in first my eldest daughter was 3 weeks old. On about the third night/morning we (myself and husband) woke and we both had "scratches" all over us, face,arms,legs,back and so on, they looked like they were made using a pin and there were speckles of dried blood, but what freaked us totally was that my daughter also had these marks!, although they bled, none of us woke up. I went on and had a second daughter, and over the years we have found that only when we change (swap) bedrooms, does this happen! we have no explanation for this so all opinions welcome:)

• Advertisement

Holly smolly!
    Thats scary!

Have you told many people? Have they asked for proof?
    I mean, that's a really scary problem you've got there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

Hi
    I can remember it looked like lots of rows of small handwriting, like someone had really taken their time to fit in a lot of words, and it was black. It could well have been ink. It washed off easy enough. Practical joke was the first thing that came to mind but there was no one who could have done it on the night/morning in question. I hadn't been out the night before or anything. That's what makes it so strange... I remember checking the bed to see if I had fallen asleep on something printed like a magazine or something that could have left a mark, but there was nothing. It has stayed on my mind all these years because it was such a strange occurance.
    I posted this to see if anyone had heard of it but if this is something that none of you have heard of before, then I guess it could have been a once off sleep walking thing.
    Thanks for your replies.:)

Advertisement